Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

• Founder

Updated 06.29.2010 by Tbird

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Check your yellow pages and look for the local spy gear shop. You'll be surprised when you see the selection of tiny hidden recording devices you can buy.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Check your yellow pages and look for the local spy gear shop. You'll be surprised when you see the selection of tiny hidden recording devices you can buy.

That may be true, but what good would that money you just spent do you? You certainly don't dare try using the "secret" recordings during any kind of appeal process involving the VA, unless you wish to become more familiar with the Office of General Counsel, DeptofThe VA..........

just sayin................

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Yeah, for purposes of legality you have to check locally.

I believe in Portland/Oregon you can record telephone conversations where only one party is aware of the recording, but in-person conversations may not be secretly recorded.

Of course- everyone obeys The Law subjectively & might find reason to have a recording that won't be admissible in court, but could convince others in The Process.

Your call ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, for purposes of legality you have to check locally.

I believe in Portland/Oregon you can record telephone conversations where only one party is aware of the recording, but in-person conversations may not be secretly recorded.

Of course- everyone obeys The Law subjectively & might find reason to have a recording that won't be admissible in court, but could convince others in The Process.

Your call ;)

Only problem with your premise is this:

Once you step foot onto the VA property, then "for purposes of legality" you might as well be standing in the Oval Office as far as the law is concerned.

You are on U.S. Government Property and "local" don't mean diddly. Federal law prevails.

just sayin............

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph