Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Dead

Rate this question

kw34

Question

I have been reading for some time now and thought I would share my experience. I served in DS/DS EF/IF and was denied SC for malignant melanoma with 2 positive sentinel lymph node and left groin dissection as a of exposure to burning petroleum and jet and diesel fuels and their exhaust in july 2008. I am working on my NOD however, there wos one item in the denial letter that I wanted to share and get the boards take on it.

In the introduction it was stated that the claim was a death claim and from reading my post you reconize that I am very much alive. In my NOD I mention this and that my claim was not fully developed nor properly ajudicated because it was assumed that I was dead. I did not recieve a c&p exam so in my opinion the links between petroleum and the develoment of tumors was never explored. I look forward to your responses.

kw34

The Big Man

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry! I said don't rely on the DVA to take care of it. It should have been DAV. Their so simular I can hardly tell the difference.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kw, write a statement in support of claim and fire it off to the VA. Copy and paste the information and paste it into an iris inquiry.

Claim number:

Issue: Reconsideration.

Since I am not dead as you have implied in decision letter dated?, It would be in your best interest to fairly reconsider this claim. I urge you to do this reconsideration with haste as time is now of the essence.

Sign and date it. When you get your response, It will be the ammunition needed to go to the press.

If they continue to jerk you around, Then go. Find a Newspaper owned by Knightridder. Contact congress, Even the presidents office., Obama, and McCain. Do whatever it takes to embarras the crap out of them.

Fire your POA as they seem to me as being lacking on their duties as representatives.

J

Edited by jbasser

WHat a crock- in addition to the NOD (whoch I think you filed already?) I too think you should ask for a reconsideration-

Can you affotd to get an independent medical opinion that fully connects the dots on this claim? If you have a private doc they might give you an IMO for free.

VA doesnt care about internet printouts or CDC stuff- in most cases and will say that their is no competent medical evidence associating these conditions-unless you get a real doctor to do that.

When you get a C & P you could bring the medical association up to the C & P doctor (even bring any treatises or studies with you- and maybe the VA doc will state "at least as likely as not."

A BIG maybe.

where do these idiots- oops -I mean what VARO is this?

I wonder how much the medical examiners office would charge you to provide an IME that you are not Dead? Since they are the experts on death it would only be appropriate to obtain the IME from them :angry:

:angry: Hey, Just for grins I would have my next of kin apply for the flag and burial benefits. Get the National Cemetary to do a grave locator search, (They say you are dead right) and apply for Burial benefits, If the cause of "supposed demise" was S/C apply for Dependants DIC.

After they tell you you are indeed alive, and deny the benefit because death has not occured Yet, Use this a Irrefutable proof of their many many errors.

Arch

kw34,

jbasser has some good advice. When you ask for the reconsideration, make sure they realize the county coroner would not issue you a death certificate to enclose with your request(guess I am being sarcastic,sorry...they declared me deceased in the middle of my appeal process, then tried to sever my disability...and am still being jacked around by them) Send your info certified/registered so someone has to sign for it.

Maybe regular mail them a copy each day with P.S. please call me at this number xxx-xxx-xxxx upon receipt of this letter stating I am not deceased and ask that you proceed with my claim.

Then when someone finally calls you get their name to validate a VARO employee received it. Or send it to the manager daily till that person calls you or the assistant calls. Maybe send copy to Rep. Filner too in D.C. What state are you in? I don't mean dispair, but which of the 50 United States?

Hang in there!

No VSO will ever have the time or the energy to work as hard as you can and you will for yourself.

Edited by halos2