VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

Sorry I posted this on the wrong forum earlier.....

I received a copy of my C&P exams today...........

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?, C&P 'lingo'

What does this mean?

Exam #1

"I feel that it is less likely than not that her current back condition is related to the fall in service"

Exam #2

"Based on the available information, I find it less likely than not that the veteran's current depression is secondary to her military experiences."

Does this meant that BOTH C&P's are negative?? :lol:

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Lisa,

I agree with John. You need to get an independent medical opinion

for your depression is not a personality disorder.

Perhaps your VA Psychiatrist could do this for you.

Betty

I received a letter back in July about a study that was being done for victims of MST at the VA. I signed up and started going. I felt good about it most days, but some days not so much. I did three sessions and had already cancelled the next (too draining emotionally). Just when the doc and I had come to an agreement on the dates/times, I had to call her back. I had to stop counseling after I had my firsrt review at my latest job because my boss said I had already missed a total of 11 days in 6 months. That doesnt include all the days I left early or came in late because I just couldnt get it together. I finally have a low stress job and make a decent salary so I cant lose this one. I just cant. I have bounced around so much that this may be the last chance.

My mom was sick so that was most of the reason I missed days, but I get her point. This thing is so hard to deal with. Just when I thought I was getting close, after reading these C&P exams I feel like Im right back at the beginning.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lisa,

Have you heard anything yet?

Have you had your psychiatrist write a letter for you to send to AMC

or R.O?

I know that your suicide attempt in service has to be connected to

your present depression.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• Founder

lisa i won't lie to you, you are not sitting with a very good hand, on the other hand i have seen this kind of thing overcome on this forum. if you are currently seeing a psychiatrist ask them to give you a diagnosis of personality disorder or not, and ask them to write a letter for you. you must decide on what you are going to file on B) and i agree with others here depression is easier than mst, however once connected for depression you can work on the mst, i was first diagnosed with depression, but they changed it to ptsd after i had been seen for awhile (seemed like that first year, but can't remember the time frame) so my opinion get a diagnosis from your pysch doctor for your depression and md for the back and fibromyalgia, (side note: fibromyalgia use to be a hard one to prove, don't know if this stills holds true) then pursue claims for those diagnosises. it seems to me, and others correct me if i am wrong, that your depression claim would be dependent on your pain from the back issure or fibromyalgia, if that is true, then you probably want to work on your physical issues first. somethings that may help get your service medical records so you can see the initial report to sick bay, then start getting copies of any treatment for your back or fibromyalgia since then, put it in chronological order, read through it that may help jog your memory on doc visits you may not remeber right now, also talk to your family and friends to see if they remember any docs you were seeing. now i'm not saying that you can't work on both claims at the same time, i'm just saying that it seems that would be the priority. one last thing sister, hang in there, if you aren't seeing a therapist yet, i highly recommend you get one before tackling the mst on your own, it can be a treachorus ordeal to go through on your own.

oh geez i almost forgot you may find the followings links helpful

Winning Your VA Claim

VA Claims Collection of Articles and Links

Google Search for "personality disorder" + mst + veterans

How To Assemble Your VA Claim

Military Veterans Guide To VA Claims

Sorry I posted this on the wrong forum earlier.....

I received a copy of my C&P exams today...........

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?, C&P 'lingo'

What does this mean?

Exam #1

"I feel that it is less likely than not that her current back condition is related to the fall in service"

Exam #2

"Based on the available information, I find it less likely than not that the veteran's current depression is secondary to her military experiences."

Does this meant that BOTH C&P's are negative?? :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

Depression is a gateway to getting benefits you earned by your service. I agree with T Bird on how to win your claim. It may not feel right but you have to play the VARO game cause its the only game in town.

Lisa,

Have you heard anything yet?

Have you had your psychiatrist write a letter for you to send to AMC

or R.O?

I know that your suicide attempt in service has to be connected to

your present depression.

Betty

Betty, I am so glad that I logged on today or I would have missed this post. Thanks for checking on me. I was actually about to call the BVA to get a status (for this week anyway).

I saw my dr last week and when I told him about the C&P he said 'they denied you'? My response was "No......not yet anyway." The only letter that I have is from my VA Dr saying that he thinks that the depression and fibromyalgia where caused by service. I stopped going to therapy. Im trying to hold on to this job. I have been here a year and I cant afford to lose another one. I may start back at the beginning of the year. I told her I would try.

I spoke to James last week and he said that (I am paraphrasing here) its still with a rater and to give them time to carefully look at all of my paperwork and not kick up any dust by writing senators/congressmen or it may take longer. He did say that you dont want to rush this process. I like him. :-)

I have had thoughts lately..............but I read up on the meds that Im taking and found that at least two of them are on the FDA list for the symptoms that I have.

Im holding on I am NOT going anywhere, especially by my own hand.

Thanks again, Lisa

lisa i won't lie to you, you are not sitting with a very good hand, on the other hand i have seen this kind of thing overcome on this forum. if you are currently seeing a psychiatrist ask them to give you a diagnosis of personality disorder or not, and ask them to write a letter for you. you must decide on what you are going to file on :lol: and i agree with others here depression is easier than mst, however once connected for depression you can work on the mst, i was first diagnosed with depression, but they changed it to ptsd after i had been seen for awhile (seemed like that first year, but can't remember the time frame) so my opinion get a diagnosis from your pysch doctor for your depression and md for the back and fibromyalgia, (side note: fibromyalgia use to be a hard one to prove, don't know if this stills holds true) then pursue claims for those diagnosises. it seems to me, and others correct me if i am wrong, that your depression claim would be dependent on your pain from the back issure or fibromyalgia, if that is true, then you probably want to work on your physical issues first. somethings that may help get your service medical records so you can see the initial report to sick bay, then start getting copies of any treatment for your back or fibromyalgia since then, put it in chronological order, read through it that may help jog your memory on doc visits you may not remeber right now, also talk to your family and friends to see if they remember any docs you were seeing. now i'm not saying that you can't work on both claims at the same time, i'm just saying that it seems that would be the priority. one last thing sister, hang in there, if you aren't seeing a therapist yet, i highly recommend you get one before tackling the mst on your own, it can be a treachorus ordeal to go through on your own.

oh geez i almost forgot you may find the followings links helpful

Winning Your VA Claim

VA Claims Collection of Articles and Links

Google Search for "personality disorder" + mst + veterans

How To Assemble Your VA Claim

Military Veterans Guide To VA Claims

Tbird, thanks so much for taking the time to read my post. They already have my SMR's and all he sick bay records. I have copies of what they have and I have put everything in date order.

MY VA dr did say that I need to concentrate on the depression and fibro due to the other things being denied already. So once I hear this time I will focus on that part of it. I almost want to believe that because he did agree with the depression and fibro that they may finally grant it. Wishful thinking at its best. :-)

I did sign up for the study at the VA with MST but I had to quit because I had my 6 month review and had already missed 11 days. I cant afford to lose another job. I have had so many I lost count. I did manage to get a raise and keep it but I dont want to really tell too much or I may end up back on the unemployment line due to my MH issues. I so want to be a productive citizen and take care of my children.

Thank you so much for the links I have studied them through and through and google is my BEST friend (well 2nd best besides hadit.com in researching my claim). This time around I have used a lot of what I have learned on hadit to even get this far. I am also using a SO who seems to care somewhat........ ;-)

I thank you so much for this site. You do not know how much I admire you for taking the time to create this site and thanks for all that you do!!!