• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veterans,

I saw my JAG today. He is Licensed in the State of NJ and is also in the Reserve and He has his own Private Practice. He is representing me and I have used this office for all legal matters, wills, trusts, etc... and do not have to pay for services, since it is on Base. Maybe this pertains to the State of NJ, I do not know. I hope we can move on now...

Johnson.

Dear Veterans,

I saw my JAG today. He is Licensed in the State of NJ and is also in the Reserve and He has his own Private Practice. He is representing me and I have used this office for all legal matters, wills, trusts, etc... and do not have to pay for services, since it is on Base. Maybe this pertains to the State of NJ, I do not know. I hope we can move on now...

Johnson.

Johnson,

This will be my last statement on this subject. I think any resonable person would have dropped the issue.

Well, I do not believe you, plan and simple. I have even posted references that indicate since you are not active duty or retired that you cannot use the Jag services. Now you tell us that your Jag is in the reserves with his own practice, but that you still go to a military post and he takes care of all your legal needs.

I don't know how else to say this .. but you either think that the members of this board are stupid or your Jag officer is stupid. Do you really want us to believe that a JAG officer would misappropiate the government's time, office space and money in support of someone who is not legally authorized to use the miltitary JAG office, and at the same time put his military career in jerpardy. ... What you say just isn't plausible.

And it does not matter what state you are in. Military regulations, do not change from state to state.

Let me be very clear, I am not calling you a Liar, I am simply saying I do not believe you. Others can make their own decision as to who is right or wrong.

I'm sorry. My memory isn't what it used to be.

~Wings

Wings, we all have bad days..and I am no exception... know that I respect and honor you and your service now, and then.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

All military services have legal assistance offices available to assist military families with legal problems while member is on active duty. Typical legal services involve wills, powers of attorney, child support, family matters, contractual disputes and more.

Although legal assistance officers cannot represent family members in court, they can negotiate on your behalf.

Generally, the military services offer limited legal assistance to Guard and Reserve members during inactive duty training periods to prepare legal documents needed in the event of an involuntary call to active duty such as wills and powers of attorney.

Each military service has specific regulations regarding the extent of legal assistance they provide.

To find the nearest military legal office, visit the following service specific websites:

Air Force http://hqja.jag.af.mil/

Army http://www.jagcnet.army.mil/legal

Coast Guard http://www.uscg.mil/legal/index.htm

Navy and Marines http://www.jag.navy.mil/

Guest johnson123

I'am sorry that there are those out there that do not believe me. I'am telling the truth about the legal services in NJ. All 100% Veterans can use this service.

Yesterday, a Veteran came in no legs and he had an appointment with the same JAG. Look at it like this; the JAG is doing all of the work, getting paid by the Government, working on my and other Veteran's claims...for free!

I said that he called VA for me for all of the information that he needed for my claim and VA answered all of his questions!

And you say this is stupid or he is stupid???...at least I can say, I have the best of both worlds, free legal information and if you are right and he is wrong, then a Lawyer that can take my case as a civilian! so, what is stupid with this situation, I ask?

And he obtained all of the information he needed rather quickly and the Government picked up the tab! So, right or wrong, I have the best of both worlds! so, please do not use the word "stupid".

I posted this topic to help my fellow Veterans. Have your opinion. And on the web as posted by "Wings", it clearly states that, "each Military Service has Specific Regulations regarding the extent of Legal Assistance".

Have some respect for your fellow Veterans...did we not all serve together for the same purpose?....have a heart!