• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

so we have different ID cards now??? i had suggested this to my congressman and the DAV a long time ago that vets have a different color of ID card!! are they a different color?? i wonder if they changed this because of my suggestion??? guess i'll never know......

and no, you don't need vehicle decals anymore

i once though had a gate guard here at wright-patt tell me that he didn't believe my ID card was real because he'd never seen one with an "indef" expiration date!!! he kept bending it and then called the pass/id ppl and asked me all kinds of ?'s....grrrrrr

think i'll go get a new ID card next week.....

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't like decals on my car. Its advertising as far as I am concerned. Since the base I go to has someone who checks you in why all the fiss?

Sorry about the wrong info I passed along...just going by what I know from WPAFB. I've gotten on base several times with no vehicle decals (in rental cars)...as long as you have a valid ID card; that is all they check.

Just had another thought though....the vehicle decal program is a DoD program, not by branch of service, so how can one branch of the service be doing something different than the others?

And if the USAF has done away with the need for decals and sometime I want to gain access to an Army post and my decals are expired....how will I do this?

Thoughts???

Edited by purple

Sorry about the wrong info I passed along...just going by what I know from WPAFB. I've gotten on base several times with no vehicle decals (in rental cars)...as long as you have a valid ID card; that is all they check.

Just had another thought though....the vehicle decal program is a DoD program, not by branch of service, so how can one branch of the service be doing something different than the others?

And if the USAF has done away with the need for decals and sometime I want to gain access to an Army post and my decals are expired....how will I do this?

Thoughts???

Purple, I don't know about the AF, but to get on an Army base, you need a decal on your vehicle or a "visitor's pass" from the visitor center. I am an Army retiree and to get on any Army base in Georgia, the ID card is not sufficient by itself.

they still check ID cards. you can't just drive onto the base without anyone checking you.

as far as blowing up the base...i was stationed at Rhein-Main AB Germany when this happened and over there you had to have a decal, ID, and show your vehicle registration to get on the base. the terrorists managed to exactly copy all of this information to include American license plates.....gained access to the base....and blew up our HQ bldg, killing 3 ppl.

i guess my point is, no matter what security measures are put in place, if the bad guys want in bad enough; they will get in. all we can do is remain alert.