• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest johnson123

Sorry I hit the wrong button, so I have to reply again, as I stated the jag did look at my code on back of card just like Fort Dix checked I have A space. There is no doubt I should have got a medicial discharge, the va knows this I have full copies of my papers .I have c-file legal docts records all In code as well as my dependents. Va knows I should have been 100% from active duty My compensation only stared 4 yeads ago

• HadIt.com Elder
veterans, I have stated I have used this office for 5 years to look over papers,wills ect, this Is my first claim . I want a eed . The jag Is my poa If there was no truth In what I stated why would he risk using the legal office? and his law degree? He Is my poa he called va yesterday and did state he wanted all information on my claim va did respond with the needed informatiom. I did not think I could use the jag to file my claim. It Is true I have gone to the office for 5 years. However I never thought to ask If the jag could take my claim. Because I was not entilied to this .This Is why I posted this topic. If I could use this service I wanted all veterans to know . I did not post this topic to make trouble I only wanted all veterans to know , just by asking a simple question can I use this office legal service to help me with my va claim. I went into the office of the ,and signed the poa form. I hope this will clear up this misunderstanding,I posted no lies I made no false statments I only posted that I am using a jag,I posted as I wanted to share the benifit I got. Now why would a lawyer risk his military and law degree to help me?. What benifit does this bring him? The award letter Is wrong va states I am retired navy,for the whole term of service, I get information from tricare,I and my dependents are In deers, I always respond to all navy papers, I AM NOT MILITARY RETIRED, .I should be medical disability I HAVE A HONORABLE DISCHARGE,. I did not want to go in full detail with my claim. I only tried to help a veteran now I am branded a lier. I hopr this will get menbers I told the truth

Johnson, I am happy for any veteran that finds a helppful advocate, no matter the time or location. If that JAG is offering his legal assistence, that can ONLY be a good thing. Please don't worry about the few of us here, mulling over the regulations. As you can see in my messages, DoD laws appear to allow helping "others" at the discretion of the JAG "as resources permit". You fall into that catigory. It appears that --some Base/JAG offices have enough resources to liberalize the laws to help veterans, and some JAG Offices are entirely too busy. Get the help you need and be glad for it. I'm glad you have a veteran's advocate that you can depend on. Sincerely, ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

As anyone here should know by now it does not matter what the regulation says it is what they do. I think that Johnson is lucky to have found a lawyer that is truly on his side.

Guest johnson123
As anyone here should know by now it does not matter what the regulation says it is what they do. I think that Johnson is lucky to have found a lawyer that is truly on his side.
Thank you Pete53, the jag Is a nice man has a 6 year old daughter,so he Is young,he feels that someday he will ba a veteran as well,he wants to help me you are right I am lucky

Guest johnson123
Johnson, I am happy for any veteran that finds a helppful advocate, no matter the time or location. If that JAG is offering his legal assistence, that can ONLY be a good thing. Please don't worry about the few of us here, mulling over the regulations. As you can see in my messages, DoD laws appear to allow helping "others" at the discretion of the JAG "as resources permit". You fall into that catigory. It appears that --some Base/JAG offices have enough resources to liberalize the laws to help veterans, and some JAG Offices are entirely too busy. Get the help you need and be glad for it. I'm glad you have a veteran's advocate that you can depend on. Sincerely, ~Wings
Thank you wings I really hope veterans that are 100% will check the legal service office on base If you don,t ask the quedtion you will not know the answer thank you

You can fly space available on Coast Guard flights only. Perhaps someday, you can fly regular space available.

0. May 100% DAV use TML? Most military lodging units accept 100% DAV (Disabled American Veterans) on a Space-A basis if it is possible. In fact the Hale Koa Hotel, AFRC specifically mentions 100% DAV in their brochure as being eligible. One problem that 100% DAV have encountered has been caused by the color of their ID Card (DD-1173). It is the same color (buff or butterscotch) as carried by family members. Many times 100% DAV are turned away from facilities which require family members to be accompanied by their sponsor. The "ID card-checking authority" assumes this 100% DAV is not a military member but a "dependent" or family member. The DoD is now issuing a new card, DD Form 2765, Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card to 100% DAVs in lieu of the older DD Form 1173. The new card is issued to sponsors, other than active duty military members, who are entitled to uniformed services benefits and privileges. Editor's Note: This new card, DD Form 2765 does not change the fact that 100% DAVs are not entitled to fly Space-A air on DoD aircraft. They may fly Space-A on DoT (U.S. Coast Guard) aircraft.

Where can I get more info on these Coast Guard flights?