Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hate The Va! I Hate Them I Hate Them I Hate Them

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So, I'm so mad I can't see straight right now. They denied the increase again. I can't believe it, I really just can't understand how a DOCTOR'S OPINION, the DOCTOR WHO TREATS MY HUSBAND TREATS HIM! can be ignored for a lower rating. RATERS ARE NOT DOCTORS! DAMN, I'm pissed. I am sitting here shaking I'm so mad.

post-4011-1229372259_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372270_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372278_thumb.jpg

Edited by SouthernBelle

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

• Answers 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Rental guy..

I am going to take Belles side because you said, to the effect, its a "numbers game only"..that, since maybe her hubbie had only 5 symptoms in the 70% category, and 8 sypmtoms in the %50 category, that he must be rated at 50%. I dont agree with that because that assumes that all symptoms are alike, and have equal weight..that suicidal ideation with intent to plan is the same as an inability to maintain relationships, for example.

It does not take any VA "fuzzy math" for me to know that suicidal ideation with intent or plan, could have a far different consequences than just not getting along with your spouse..and that these symptoms are NOT equal in importance.

Further, I contend that if Bells Hubby DID have suicidal thoughts (no offense Bell..I am not sure whether he does/does not have SI..I am just making the point that "all symptoms are not alike"), that "symptom" MUST be taken seriously by the VA, or else they are demeaning the Veterans life!

Edited by broncovet

Hello,

Many of these problems would be solved if the VA rated claims the same way Social Security determines if someone is disabled or not. You could have a disabling condition keeping you from working or going to school but the VA will only rate you on the severity FROM SYMPTOMS, not that you can't sustain a job. The Social Security will grant you full disability from not being able to work or go to school.

It's not in the VA's best interest to evaluate disabilities based on the hinderance of job function or your inability to get an education.

Take it as it is and I say, "GIVE EM ALL YA GOT AND THEN SOME."

Oh, and be persistent as hell. Make them know you're not going away. You will succeed in the long run, as long as you're a LONG DISTANCE RUNNER.

outa

I know it easy to "HATE" B) the VA. I like to suggest using, "CONTROLLED ANGER." :P

"GET EVEN" B) IN OTHER WORDS.

Don't let up and keep fighting until the end. Many "GIVE UP" :lol: on their claims and the VA sees this as a "WIN IN THE BOOKS." B)

I KNOW IT'S EASY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL BUT DON'T QUIT.

"DON'T LET THEM WIN SO WE CAN ALL HAVE A NICE GLASS OF WINE IN THE END."

• HadIt.com Elder

Since 1991 when I got into this mess the VA has to face the fact that the number of Veterans that they serve are dying off at a pretty quick clip. So it would sevre their job security better to help Veterans. I wonder if they will ever see the light.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Broncovet:

Those who continue to think in this manner are those who are destined to be caught up in the VA process of appeals for years and years. You can either learn how they operate, fall in line, and get a quick win, or you can buck the system and try to tell them the way they SHOULD adjudicate claims and continue to lose. The choice is yours.

Of course it makes no sense to do things the way the VA does it. However, they do it the way they do it, and bucking their system during a claim may be helpful to bring about change in the overall scheme, but it only serves to hamper your own claim. You should learn what evidence it takes to get a specific rating, gather that evidence before filing, then, when your claim is settled, you can contact the VA, your elected officials, and the media in an attempt to change the system.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder
Since 1991 when I got into this mess the VA has to face the fact that the number of Veterans that they serve are dying off at a pretty quick clip.

The stats on the death numbers vary among the WWII vets, around 1,100 a day.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"