• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Just Returned From My C & P Exams

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

i just returned from 3 c&p exams today.

i am besides myself.

please people dont critisize me for the way i type this post???

im trying to unwind and catch my breath and find some help from seasoned vets with this experience.

the dr who conducted my exam for my ptsd claim was sooo condescending,rude,very impolite and very uncaring or thorough.

i brought my wife with me and he said she was not allowed in the exam????

i asked once again once we got into his room as to why she cant be in w/me and he said because this is what i said is going to be done and thats it???

i have terrible anxiety and memory problems so i needed her to analyize and help me during and after the exam???? about what happened??

he vigoursly interrogated me for about a half hour and it was over.

he did not even touch on any of the problems i face or effects it has on my life.

he asked me more about my child hood, arrest records, drinking problems???

of which i dont have any???

i hope there is a way to justify my claim in another way???

i dont know what all the acronyms mean nod or dro hearing?

i guess ill be reading up on all of this while i wait on the decision to come back??

all 3 exams went almost exactly the same,except the drs were nicer then the phsyc???

i felt like i was on the stand being cross examined by the prosecutor for a capital murder trial???

i was so thrown off, i dont even remember what he asked?? what i said???

i just was sooo uncomfortable and feel violated???

there is no need to conduct an exam like this.

i have severe anxiety issues as it is just going out in public anymore.

let alone have this guy be this way?????

i left the appointment and went outside and literaly cried to my wife that i cant believe it went like that??

ill await the decisions and then i guess go from there.

i guess i should have expected this. from reading so many posts i should have been prepared for a fight till the end.

i already fought in a war??thats whats made me like this.

i didnt think id be home fighting again against my own govt.?

i am so angered that this is how vets are treated after returning or serving our nation.

i thought i truly knew about it from hearing news stories about other veterans, war veterans (vietnam vets) what they were being treated like.

and how they were and are still treated today.

but i truly apologize from the bottom of my heart.

me and millions of other americans dont truly know what vets go through.

its a crime that should be punishable by laws!!!

now that i got just a little taste of what goes on.

i just knew in my heart though that someone could examin me for an hour and just know from what i told them how bad i am actually feeling.

but was i ever wrong.

any body have anything to say???

thanks

tankerjoe0

SEMPER FIDELIS !!!!! (ALWAYS FAITHFUL)

***THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES***

NOT AS LEAN BUT STILL AS MEAN.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i meant to add on one of my posts.

that i wrote a very heart felt letter about who i am

why i was writing the letter

and how i was before and how i am now after the war.

its alot easier for me to write how i feel then to say it in words.

the dr wasnt interested in my letter.

he said he would read it when i left??

he probably threw it in the trash can before i left the building???

can i send it to who ever is rating my claim so they can maybe read it??

if so how???

thanks

tankerjoe0

• HadIt.com Elder

Wait till you get the results before saying anything to anyone. It could very well turn out to be a good report. You should be able to get a copy of it from the ROI at the VAMC. It may take several weeks, though. If you have a copy of the letter you wrote, send it in to the VARO. Tell them that you gave it to the C&P doc to have it added to your C-file, but you got the impression he wasn't very interested. At least someone may glance at it as your claim is being adjudicated.

90%, TDIU P&T

thanks, rentalguy1

i have no idea who is handling the claim????

do i call the ro and ask who to send it to??

thanks again

tankerjoe0

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the RO.... :) That's a good one. Very few know the actual number to the RO. The rest of us call the 800# and that doesn't take you to the RO. it takes you to the funny farm somewhere. All you need to do is put it in envelope and send it to the RO via certified mail, return receipt requested. It will make it into your folder.

90%, TDIU P&T

Hang in there Tanker,

maybe he did read it and maybe you are just expecting the worse because that is what you can fear, you dont get anxiety from a good report just a bad one..... Hang in there brother, you may get the rating you deserve.

I know it is hard, but hang in there bro, we are here for you............

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a good practice to get a "medical power of attorney" and "living will" from the VAMC team social worker. On this form you can designate who must be with you to help or make medical desicions.

Make copies of it and have each medical facility your treated at(VA and non-VA) scan it and put it in your records. Also keep copies in your glove box when you travel.

Requesting copies from the C&P dept of the facility you were examined at, will speed up the process a great deal. Some VARO's may simply ignore the request for years, but medical facilities must send out written requests, or faxed requests in 30 days. It runs 90 to 120 days to get a decision from the VARO's.

I had one denial, 3 days after a rater recieved an medical opinion from one of their contractors. But this was after they held the fully favorable examination for 2 months and then claimed they never recieved it. They still don't reconize it exists, some 12 yrs later.