Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestion

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Mods please chime in

We get convoluted questions here from time to time because people are asking questions for a friend or relative.

Isnt it much better if these individuals simply join us themselves if they have PC access?

What gets me too-is that I sometimes get emails from some of my vets org members telling me they are helping a veteran with a VA claim and then they ask me how to help the veteran-

I send them to hadit.I dont do claims stuff in emails.

Everything they need is here and they get more help than advice from just one person.

I can understand that many dont have access to hadit- but still a lot can be lost or misunderstood when the info goes through 3 rd person.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

I see where you are coming from but most here when helping another Vet usually say so. However, for those that are helping you need to do some of the research yourself. I suggest the Home Page and ask your questions if you are confused.

Helping someone with claim is not rocket science but in the end the Veteran who can't work their own claim really needs to see someone who is trained. It is a responsibility when you take on a Veteran who has no clue.

Just my opinion.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

nursing homes,church,parks,on the street hungry and tired.some of the vets i meet don't have the money to be in a grocery store. what i'm hearing you all say is that if a vet can't do it themselves that you don't like to answer the question.part of helping is research,part of research is sometimes asking on hadit. i copy everything i ask and read on here,so the vet can take the info with them.

if we are not to help vets that can't get access to hadit..what good are we and what are we worth? that is my train of thought. i did not realize we should tell a vet"sorry,you have to ask for yourself"

• HadIt.com Elder

When you have to start getting information for other vets like stressor verfications we helpers are getting in deep. If the vet can't do it for themselves or hire a lawyer to do it then it becomes a full time unpaid job. Giving advice is one thing but doing it for someone else is a whole different matter. I tried to help a widow get a war pension and it opened my eyes. Her husband was not ever even in the military. Those least able to help themselves, and I mean the sickest people, have the least chance of winning their claim. Especially, if they are homeless and/or mentally disabled. It is survival of the fittest in the world of the unfit.

Leave No One Behind, Not On A Jungle Trail, Not On A Desert Trail, Not On A Paper Trail. - HadIt.com

HadIt.com | Advanced Search

Welcome Home Brothers and Sisters! Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC?

A Veteran Based Site to Guide veterans through the Veterans Affairs process for filing a2_p1.jpg claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills,and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the Information and support they need dealing with the VA system.

What can I do here?

Utilize our site and discussion forum to research V. A. Claims procedures benefits. Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans.

this is why i joined hadit....i did not know it was selective.....that vet i hope to help just may someday help another..or that vet may be your brother or sister. window.google_render_ad();

• Founder

i use print outs a lot, if i find something helpful i print it out and take it to the vet center they make copies and put it in waiting area. sometimes i make my own copies and drop them around the va hospital.

Leave No One Behind, Not On A Jungle Trail, Not On A Desert Trail, Not On A Paper Trail. - HadIt.com

HadIt.com | Advanced Search

Welcome Home Brothers and Sisters! Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC?

A Veteran Based Site to Guide veterans through the Veterans Affairs process for filing a2_p1.jpg claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills,and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the Information and support they need dealing with the VA system.

What can I do here?

Utilize our site and discussion forum to research V. A. Claims procedures benefits. Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans.

this is why i joined hadit....i did not know it was selective.....that vet i hope to help just may someday help another..or that vet may be your brother or sister. window.google_render_ad();

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• In Memoriam

I have found that working my claims myself, at Hadit, has been the only way for me. There have been things mentioned about claims that have touched off memories that have been forgotten. Shared experiences, lost facts, and current and prior laws all have been important things.

There is no way that I could have recalled these things let alone tell another person about them. The information that I needed came over a period of time and with jogged memories.

It is very tough to help an older Vets or a MH Vet with their claims as so much is forgotten or just lost over time or somewhere in time. It is my understanding that being pro-active is almost a necessity.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity