Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Tdiu Letter Today

Rate this topic

airborne18

Hello Veteran friends,MyTDIU say I got to be exam. every 4 years............................

DAV IU 100%

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that woman is a dingbat C-word.

Congrats on your award, Airborne!

Unfortunately for veterans organizations this dingbat and others like her are the first person any younger vet runs into when they are harrassed at the door for entry to the post. They work as bartenders and are given the right to challenge veterans at the door, yet they let their non-veteran friends have the run of the place. I have seen it too many times, and is part of the reason younger vets choose to avoid the posts. Veterans today choose to serve, they were not drafted, and they consider it an honor to have served. Yet they walk into a legion post and get kicked in the balls the second they hit the front door.

CHAMPVA on line can provide the spouse with CHAMPVA info.

VA doesnt award CHAMPVA.

When they sent me a letter saying I 'might' be eligible, they told me to contact CHAMPVA directly I think.This was many years ago and I had to apply on a formal CHAMPVA application.

VA sent me a statement of some ancillary benefits I was due with my recent award.

I applied for these benefits in 1994 with my DIC application.My recent award should have generated some action on these old apps.

Instead of waiting for VA to properly develop those applications I guess I better get copies of the award letter and apply for them myself.

I have had copies of them and the entire 534 has been here and at VA since 1994.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• In Memoriam

airborne,

Disabled Vet tags have nothing to do with the DAV (Disabled American Veterans [Veteran Service Org.]). My letter for the tags came from my state VA, and the tags are given by participating states.

My ChampVA benefits application came in a separate letter last year. My life insurance policy also came in a separate letter. These services are different jurisdictions than the VA and run their own systems.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

airborne,

Disabled Vet tags have nothing to do with the DAV (Disabled American Veterans [Veteran Service Org.]). My letter for the tags came from my state VA, and the tags are given by participating states.

My ChampVA benefits application came in a separate letter last year. My life insurance policy also came in a separate letter. These services are different jurisdictions than the VA and run their own systems.

That is in your state.

in my state the disabled vet tags are the DAV tags.. and the DAV tags are the DV tags.. .. Though you do not need membership in the DAV. The DAV set the criteria and the state passed the law.. Being from a small state has it's perks, in that organizations have pull.

Funny because the DAV officers tell vets to go to this woman for the letter for the plates, and she gets pissed because vets like me show up and she has to explain that we are not eligible for the plates. She assured me she would correct this problem at the State DAV convention, set all the officers straight on the criteria..

CHampVA i had to call, as I did for life insurance.. THough I did get the life insurance paperwork with my other ratings. And I got Vocrehab paperwork.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, Airborne, what freekin State do you live in? (I'll call them little weasels and get me some! I woke up this morning with a burr under my saddle blanket!).

You do not automatically receive a letter from your VARO that allows you to get base and commissary privileges. You have to contact the VARO and request same.

You will then need to take this letter to your nearest military installation, to the Visitor's Shack, and get your tan ID cards, take wife and kids with you so they can get some too. Take car title and copy of your car insurance, so's you can get the windshield stickers that allow your car "on base".

Do not forget, apply for your life insurance. You get a few thousand dollars of life insurance "free" and you can opt to take an equal amount for a few pennies more. They will take it out of your Comp check each month.

When you get your wife/kids "enrolled" in CHAMPVA, be sure and send them ALL the receipts (pharmacy, docs, etc.) that you have been out-of-pocket on, since the date of your award.

I am happy for you.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use