VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

America is a funny place or maybe it is the media. The firemen and cops who rushed into the Twin Towers on 911 are all heroes and the people in the building are victims.

It really bothers me that the Military has only awarded 6 Congressional Medals all posthumously since the 2 Wars started and when they have awarded some medals it was more for publicity than for merit.

Also from some reports it seems that VA has problems counting heros who were awarded Congressional Medal of Honor cause they are paying a lot more than actually. earned it according to some earlier posts by Allan.

My definition of a hero is someone who puts their life on the line to save or help people facing death.Someone who risks all to help. I never have and never will count victims as a hero all though they can be brave people such as the people who helped others get out of the towers who could have just saved their own ass.

Cpt Sully Sullenberger is a hero in my book also even though he does not strictly meet the criteria.He did stay calm and saved many lives including his own.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Bob, I think my response should have been to Sharon. The way the replies are runing together I got mixed up.

He had on a fake Buffalo Soldier Uniform.

He had on a fake Buffalo Soldier Uniform.

What is a fake buffalo soldier uniform, what year was it suppose to show, what was the design? What kind of patches and rank were attached, what kind of head gear was he was wearing? You have got to be a lot more clear on how he was disrespecting the original bufffalo soldiers. What did he say to defend himself? Please me understand your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry Bob, I think my response should have been to Sharon. The way the replies are runing together I got mixed up.

Yes, shamrock, I understand... I would have been honored to serve in the U.S.10th Cavalry.

As you posted, "... The nickname for the 10th cav in VN and still is, is the buffalo soldiers for the current active duty 10th cav soldiers...." . and you mention..."In VN, blacks and whites were in the unit...". I believe sharon was referring to the Buffalo Soldiers, from 1866 till 1951, when the U.S. armed services ended segregation. Big difference in time and uniform... A reminder of racism in the military.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Look at the nature of the War. Mostly bombs, that have killed our soilders. It not like any other war.

In RVN we fought with what we had on our back, during a fierce battle we fought, with air support, artillery, mortars, when it was raining we had to battle one on one, unit on unit in a jungle.

the War in Iraq, is from building to building. Theres not the opportunites to pick up a machine and charge the enemy out of anger, and fear. We receive contact, we call in the tanks, Choppers, Artillery and air support, when that decision is made, you dig deep, cover your head, and watch the enemy run or get blown up. With all being said, I am sure there is a lot of heroics in Iran, but unable to write the citation needed to make it a MOH winner

What is a fake buffalo soldier uniform, what year was it suppose to show, what was the design? What kind of patches and rank were attached, what kind of head gear was he was wearing? You have got to be a lot more clear on how he was disrespecting the original bufffalo soldiers. What did he say to defend himself? Please me understand your claim.

He had on a black hat (smokie the bear looking) and a uniform that looked like a boyscout (only it was black) with some medal that look like they came from the Army Surplus Store. He had a crowd of young people telling them that he was a Buffalo Soldier. He did not even try and defend himself as he was stone cold busted. He got his sorry ass in his car and left.