VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tonight - Cbs - 60 Minutes

Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

In Florida's Tampa Bay Area it's on Chanel 10 - CBS at 7:00 pm.

carlie

Sorry 60 Minutes but I would have preferred to hear more about how the VA will fix the problems instead of hearing how elephants communicate.

68mustang

Sorry 60 Minutes but I would have preferred to hear more about how the VA will fix the problems instead of hearing how elephants communicate.

68mustang

I totallly agree. You could tell they are only covering their own selfs. Ridiculous interview nothing accomplished

in my opinion.

I more agree with Teac, it was a waste of time. We all know the problems, but no one on the program had any solutions. Honestly, I do not have the answer either, but to me the President needs to appoint a commission, independent of the VA, made up of people like Berta, Thunderbird, and people of like talent, no politician, no retired Generals, etc. Just people who have been through the process, and heartaches of this broken system.

Papa

I saw the 60 minutes show. Wolcoff was definately defending the VA, but I thought the Veterans told there side of the story more convincingly. It is clear to me that we do need to get rid of Wolcoff...he basically suggested we keep the status quo, and the million veterans stop complaining. I did find it interesting that Wolcoff did not dispute the 1,000,000 number, because the VA website lists the backlog at about 400,000 and some. I did like it when they asked the Veteran why Americans should care that 1,000,000 Vets are waiting on benefits. In a convincing way, he said that we served our country and made a "deposit" into the bank, and that was our money and we were entitled to make a withdrawal when we got home.

The guy from "Veterans for Common Sense" cited a stastic I found interesting. He said that Veterans claims take 6 months for an answer from the VA, but if the claim is denied, it takes another 4 years to appeal. Shinseki was not there..Wolcoff did the talking.

I dont think Shinseki wanted to answer any questions about the conflict of interest in that he is a major player in QTC, that does Veterans C and P exams. He is basically awarding lucrative contracts to QTC, that are not bid upon, to his own company, QTC. It is a conflict of interest.

Well there is no incentives huh Mr. Secretary of the VBA...the lawyers ....but what about the bonuses to deny the claims ....the points schedule like the one man explained who worked for the VA. Same o Same o . VBA Sec Walcott should be examined by a congressional hearing ......he did admit there is no incentive. They just do whatever they want. Deny , Deny , Deny, until they Die Die Die,,,,It is so frustrating ...

CBS built it up and could have slammed dunked it but its like a story with a great beginning and then just fizzles out. Only a short little segment too....Wish they could have done a hour long one.

The public, congress, VA, won't do anything on this one either and Walcott and the rest of the upper management bonus grabbers are laughing all the way to the bank. Nothing will happen ,,,doesnt matter who does what or says what. Its broken like they said and it is never ever gonna be fixed until the trumpet sounds..... I can't wait to see them then....Me ..I will be out here so fast and no more problems with this mortal flesh and chemical exposure diseases...AMEN. God Bless, NEVER GIVE UP. C. C.