Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Where To Find Form For Voc Rehab?

Rate this question

Shalia

Question

Can anyone tell me where on the damn web I can find that form? It has to be available online, everything else in the known universe is, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is? I'd like to apply. I just found out that while on STD from work they've pretty much replaced me, and I think I better start getting my duckies in a row.

Also, how likely does anyone think it'll be to get TDIU? I'm rated 80% overall, 70% for bipolar <40% on random other crap that somehow only equals 10% in VA math>, I've been hospitalized six times in the last three years, my average GAF score on the med records that I have is about 40-45, and I've had my VA doc put in my medical record to apply. <And also a VA social worker during a hospitalization.> However, points against me are I've managed to hold a job and do 9 semester hours of school for the last year and change. Now, anyone looking at the facts will see I missed over 25% of the year in the last work year, and that I was constantly calling in sick, and have had over 20 weeks of STD in 3 years on job, but I still think it'll count against me. Anyone got any clue on my odds? Does the VA do odds? *sigh*

Also, what do you guys do for your families for health insurance during all this mess? I'm the one that carries the insurance, and I have a disabled son and husband, and I'm freaking out something fierce. Randy's conditions (husband) seem like they'd be covered if we bought insurance, but my son's would not. (He's autistic.) So I'm stressed as hell.

I want to go to school and get a job I'm interested in, that makes me think, that I want to go to, that I don't dread, etc. But I'm not sure if I can do it. I don't know if the VA will help me. I don't know where to find the information that I need. :( And I think I'm fired as soon as I'm off STD. So I'm scared as hell and I'd like to try and get this done and convince my doctor to keep me on STD (and then LTD if necessary) in order to do it. And I don't know if I can. :(

Any advice?

Shalia

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Shalia,

The Bi-Polar alone at 70% is enough to get you the TDIU. WHen were you awarded your claim? If it's not to late to file for a reconsideration, you could file for a reconsideration, due to the fact they should have tested you for feasible employment at that time you were rated at 70 percent mental. 70% bi polar or any other mental, means that you are severely limited in employment abilities. Go back and read the ratings schedule for the mental disorders. The fact that you had a job may hurt the pay back to date of award, but the fact that you have missed so much work should be a slam dunk if there is such a thing. You need to get statements from your boss or human resource office about your missed time and sick time. Also wether you were hard to work with, any problems that you had at work. Did you have write ups in your personnel file? You could go in and ask to see the file and ask for a copy of any write ups or notes they have in their.

I think you have a pretty good case but you ought to see if your Psych. will write up a statement as to your ability to work. Also mentiono the meds you are on and how they affect you, such as "do not drive, may cause drowsiness" Do not operate heavy machinery. Hurry up and see if you can get these statements and submit them to the VARO. If you live close enough, to the RO you may just want to walk in and hand deliver your own documents face to face. Then you can ask for a Date and Time stamped copy of everything ytou have submitted. You don't want it sitting on your SO's desk because he is to lazy or judgemental about you. Good luck and if you have any other questions you can email me. Wink wink.

You need to stay out of Voc Rehab for now, unless they send you there. I've got to go do an evaluation this week to see if it's feasible for me to work or not. My vet Center counselor wrote a two page letter about my disability and failing businesses related to PTSD, but my Psych, who only sees me for 15 minutes every two months decided that somehow I was going to be cured of my PTSD with proper drug treatment. I just talked to the guy on the phone that I have to meet on Friday, he told me from the sound of it on the phone it shouldn't be hard to get me work. Wait til I show him the letter and all the judgements and lawsuits I've had against my companies. Maybe that will change his mind.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.

Both my doctors say they'll write all necessary paperwork, and as one doctor says "my medical file speaks for itself". About the only major problem I've had with coworkers, though is anyone who makes noise. I can't handle loud noises at all. :( Not even a little bit. And I make them remove the flourescents from above my desk cause they hum. But other than that, I tend to do OK, I'm personable and everything, I just call in sick every day that I know is going to be a day from hell. Which is why I missed over 90 days in three years. *sigh* How I still have a job I'm not sure. <Working for a government contractor probably helps. Doesn't look good to fire disabled vets.>

What's a VARO? I can probably get everything I need, and I'm happy to submit it, I just need to know what a VARO IS. And what else I need to do. I want to get this done so badly.

I got approved for 70% nearly two years ago. I'd been hospitalized three times in one summer, been on a zillion different meds, been on STD for 8 weeks, etc. and I thought that the 30% they had me rated at was BS. I didn't even know to try for IU at the time. I might have done it. *sigh*

Oh, and the service officer told me in remarks to just write "have been instructed by my doctor to quit working" and that's it. Is there a place where I can write more? Or are they going to send me information and ask me more questions somewhere else? Or are they going to send me to yet ANOTHER doctor? I want to be able to explain somewhere what it's like to live as me and why it makes it so hard to hold a job. I'd like to explain that outside stressors <husband with muscular dystrophy and son with autism> make it only so much harder to cope. But he told me not to put that stuff, and I think it's important for them to know how many days I can't wake up in the morning before 11am because my sleep drugs knocked me out, and I was supposed to go to work at 7. I think it was important for me to tell them about all the times I'm up until 4am completely unable to sleep so I have to call in sick because every noise and every light will set me off into a screaming crying fit. I'd like to have told them about all the times I've been sent home because things have gotten too noisy and too bright.

When do I get to tell that stuff? Cause "I've been instructed by my doctor to quit working" doesn't seem like enough in the remarks column.

Seems to me that if your doctor told you to quit work that he would write you a note on a prescripton blank and you could take it or send it to the VA. VA loves paper. If your doctor writes a note make a copy for your files.

Railroader