VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure it's the same site I have been using but there was one site that if I typed in a search under hotline I got the minutes of all sorts of conference calls at V.A. discussing the latest claims decisions. It was very useful. Trying kicking the tires further by typing in the search term hotline.

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

I found the site okay, but I don't have a username nor password. I've been out of the military for 40 years so not up on this new stuff. It would be great if you could tell me how to get setup. Thanks. lugnut

Check out the information on the website

To register online, you must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are in the process of being added. DEERS enrollment is required to create an eBenefits account.

To enroll, go to your nearest military base, and take your DD-214, and you drivers license.

This is the ebenefits site address that tells you how to enroll

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-port...cationLevel2#-1

I found the site okay, but I don't have a username nor password. I've been out of the military for 40 years so not up on this new stuff. It would be great if you could tell me how to get setup. Thanks. lugnut
Edited by hawkfire27

I got out in '91 but for some reason, I am no longer in DEERS. Will have to call their toll free number to find out what went wrong.