VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yep, I got one.

Went to the VA directly (100 miles) to ask about any news on any appeals outstanding. Then a helpful agent, suggested I get online to see info. She got my account setup and then, wait for the mail and finish the signup. Yep, 7-10 days later, in the mail came the confirmation number to finish setting up the account.

Able to see the monthly Payouts; paid and recurring.

Able to see past appeal claims, closed and open. Not a lot of information but better than none.

I check it everyday and at least twice a day to see if any of the appeals are decided.

Still got the 800-number that I have and will be continued to be used.

I assume that over time, more information or more in-depth file information will be online. At least its a start.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Marl,

When you call the 1-800 number to get claim status, do you get any different info than what you see on the site?

Just tried it. It listed everything they received in my last claim and everything in my new claim with dates received. Just doesn't show my NOD from the prior claim. Can't have everything.

I looked - as a SC widow it does not look like I can get on, even though I am getting DIC and have CUE claims undecided.

Level 1 acces dosen't do much for me, guess I'll have to go to the VARO to get level 2 access.

Me too...wish they would make it a VA hospital....The VARO is 10 hours away!!!!!