VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do You Veterans Wait? Tell Me, What Are You Waiting For?

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have, over the last couple months, heard several of our new (and some not so new) Hadit members make statements such as "We're waiting, and as soon as we get an increase in my disability percentage well, then we're going to file for TDIU."

REALLY?

GEE?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NO, REALLY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If you even have the hint of possible success in filing for TDIU, DO NOT WAIT for some other increase, or whatever. JUST FILE your form 21-8940. BECAUSE YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY. SERIOUS MONEY!

After all, when you file the proper form, you ARE filing for an increase. If you do NOT file the "proper form" then the VA is not going to "inferr" that you qualify for TDIU.

COME ON FOLKS!

SHEEESH!

I've added up the number of folks on here in the last couple months, plus the folks that I have coming to me OUTSIDE of the HAdit Forum and I've counted 11 people that I remember.

ELEVEN. THAT I KNOW OF.

And, most do not and will not, file for the proper EED.............geeee, just look at all the money you saved the VA. I, for one, am proud of you...................... :blink:

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

One reason vets don't apply for IU is because they use VSO's who never tell them to file. On the other hand, the VA and VSO will tell a vet his % is not high enough even if he is on SSD for the SC condition. I never heard of TDIU until I got to Hadit.

I guess I am one of the very lucky ones my county vso told me to file as soon as possible. he also told me that the 70% thing is bs he has seen people awarded tdiu at below 50%. he said the 70% is the standard but it is not written in stone. "If you can not work, you can not work and should apply for tdiu".

Edited by conserve

My husband, Rockman is @70%.

He has 10% for the shrapnel-lower back

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now. With his PTSD and his heart, he cannot work more than that.

He goes back to his heart doc in 2 weeks. If his heart has gotten worse, he was going to send in new evidence to see if they will up his percentage. Should he do that now and then follow it up with the 8940 form?

He is also going ask for his PTSD%. to be increased.

Is this the right way he should do this or wait and file all together?

Thanking you in advance for any replies,

Mrs. Rockman

• HadIt.com Elder

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now.

Mrs. Rockman

Rockman is most fortunate to have you as his advocate.

jmho... Why wait??

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now. With his PTSD and his heart, he cannot work more than that.

He goes back to his heart doc in 2 weeks. If his heart has gotten worse, he was going to send in new evidence to see if they will up his percentage. Should he do that now and then follow it up with the 8940 form?

He is also going ask for his PTSD%. to be increased.

Is this the right way he should do this or wait and file all together?

Thanking you in advance for any replies,

Mrs. Rockman

He should file for both together and do it now by the time it gets moving in the system he will not be working anymore. IMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Everyone should file for TDIU now, if you are not working. Every time you ask for an increase, you lose your intial claim date, meaning you should file a NOD, not for an increase. Even tho TDIU is an increase claim, it is somewhat different. jmo

pr

Everyone should file for TDIU now, if you are not working. Every time you ask for an increase, you lose your intial claim date, meaning you should file a NOD, not for an increase. Even tho TDIU is an increase claim, it is somewhat different. jmo

pr

When you say everytime you ask for an increase, you lose your inital claim date, what did you mean? Were you talking about NODs and then appeals? Are you saying appeals asking for increases make you lose your date of original claim?

So confused

Draggin'