Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Problems

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I have been having difficulty with Ebenefits since Monday. I had been able to log on and see my info except the info on the status of my claim. There was a note there that I call the 1-800 number to find out any info on the status of my claim. Well I tried to logon to Ebenefits today and could not. Everytime I tried to logon it would take me to another page for single time logon. After several times of trying to logon I called the 1-800 listed for help. The recording comes on telling me to press one for English, which I did. Then the recording said some words in a language I had never heard before. The menu option recording came on and I press the number according to the instructions. Someone answered my call and I could barely understand them because of their accent. The person asked for my name and phone number, which I gave. After that the person asked me if I had an account I said yes and had been able to logon until recently. The person asked that I give them my social security number and I told them "no", that they should be able to check with my name to see if I had an account. I was told that I had to provide my social security number in order for that person to find out if I had an account. I told that person that I would not my provide my social security number and that I would take it up with the VA. Later I was able to logon to Ebenefits, but still have the same note to call the 1-800 number to find out the status of my claim.

I wrote this because it sure seem weird that in order to help me they needed my social security number, Plus the fact that this particular call center is probably located outside the U.S. made me very leery. Anyone else out there come across this same type of problem? Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ebenefits is a waste of time in my opinion. Just another VA scam to keep Veterans from calling

They seemed to be having issues later yesterday and earlier today, but I submitted a 21-4138 via Vonapp from inside ebenefits around 1pm today with no problems.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

i had to use the letter generator earlier in the week. It kept bombing out, but after numerous tries I was able to succeed.

I give the 800 number my SS# every time I call, as it is my VA account number. If they want to steal my identity, go ahead, with my bad credit maybe they will put some $ in my accounts..

I am not impressed with eBenifits either. Except for the letter generator...

Hamslice

I logged in this morning with no problems, but tried again a hour later and had the same problem as you.