Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unclear About Benefit

Rate this question

Deacon 2011

Question

Team... I know many of us do not trust the info from 800# and eBenefits however, this evening while printing some forms, I noticed my profile on eBenefits had changed and some additional benefits (eligible) were listed that I had not seen before. My claim for IU wad closed on Nov 16 but no notification yet.

So... I read every possible post here in Hadit regarding benefits. I'm currently at 80%, if I understand everything I've read, I shouldn't be eligible for dental at 80%.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks Team!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Team... I know many of us do not trust the info from 800# and eBenefits however, this evening while printing some forms, I noticed my profile on eBenefits had changed and some additional benefits (eligible) were listed that I had not seen before. My claim for IU wad closed on Nov 16 but no notification yet.

So... I read every possible post here in Hadit regarding benefits. I'm currently at 80%, if I understand everything I've read, I shouldn't be eligible for dental at 80%.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks Team!

That is correct - you should not be eligible for dental care at only 80% SC -

unless you have a SC'd disability for a dental condition.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless you are enrolled in Voc Rehab, an inpatient at VA Hospital, service connected for dental or just out of service or 100% you are not eligible for dental. You can always call the Dental Office and see what they tell you.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

My crystal ball is telling me that you were awared IU! Is that what you are asking?

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Thanks for the responses, I believe you guys are correct (you've always been) with regard to IU. I sure hope so, this has been a long process... my family is trying to remain humorous, if things don't change soon we will certainly have a "Charlie Brown" Christmas Tree. Well, I guess a better option would be to make ornaments from all the wasted paper the VA has sent us and tape them to one of the house plants!