VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yay !

Rate this question

ironside

Question

hey fellow vets .. got the envelope today and i was approved for 30% ULCERATIVE COLITIS ..secondary to my ptsd ... anyway .. i have a question .. if i was already at 40% (30 ptsd 10% tinitius ) am i at 70 % now .. ? maybe not .. let me know your imput .. thanks to all for your support

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Looks like 60% to me.

hey fellow vets .. got the envelope today and i was approved for 30% ULCERATIVE COLITIS ..secondary to my ptsd ... anyway .. i have a question .. if i was already at 40% (30 ptsd 10% tinitius ) am i at 70 % now .. ? maybe not .. let me know your imput .. thanks to all for your support

As mentioned earlier, it's 60% (actually, 57% rounded to 60%).

However, here is a thought for future reference, if you get above a combined 70% .... under 38 CFR 4.16(a)(2) http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_16.DOC , the 30% for PTSD and the 30% for ulcerative colitis might qualify as that magic single 40% (or more) because they both are Disabilities resulting from common etiology or a single accident. It may or may not fly.

(2)

Check the What We Decided page that came with the award. They may have a combined rating on

the second or third page just under current award. JVet may be onto something, but I haven't had to try that. My 3rd award

came with a combined rating (80%) under What We Decided. 60% should be the correct combined

rating.

I had 40% and new award 60% IHD, and 80% total under What We Decided, second white page.

Congrats on your award, you earned it. Thank you for your service.

As mentioned earlier, it's 60% (actually, 57% rounded to 60%).

However, here is a thought for future reference, if you get above a combined 70% .... under 38 CFR 4.16(a)(2) http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_16.DOC , the 30% for PTSD and the 30% for ulcerative colitis might qualify as that magic single 40% (or more) because they both are Disabilities resulting from common etiology or a single accident. It may or may not fly.

ok i think i understand .. they take the worse of the 2 and average it .. well thanks for the info ..im just so happy to get it .. i really thought it would be later from what i was told but just waitng now for the retro ...thanks again .. and merry christmas!!! to all ...

they take the worse of the 2 and average it I'm not sure what you mean here. There is no averaging done by the Combined Ratings Table, 38 CFR 4.25.

ok i think i understand .. they take the worse of the 2 and average it .. well thanks for the info ..im just so happy to get it .. i really thought it would be later from what i was told but just waitng now for the retro ...thanks again .. and merry christmas!!! to all ...

Edited by jvretiredvet