Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Disability Determination Service

Rate this question

Loose Cannon

Question

Hello All,

Trying to get SSDI approved has been a bigger NIGHTMARE than dealing with the VA. I'll skip the long story and try to keep this as short as possible. After having my Reconsideration Appeal denied in 8 working days I called and spoke to the woman in charge of my case at DDS and told her that I was not afforded enough time to send her my "new evidence" . The new evidence consisted of FOUR C&P exams that I had to move heaven and earth to obtain since they were done by QTC. Anyways...these reports are SOLID evidence and state all the necessary medical reasons why I am unable to work.

After speaking with her she told me to send her the Doctor reports which I did on November 9th. She said she would review the reports and if there was enough to warrant re-calling my case (maintained at my local Social Sec Field Office) she would speak with her supervisor and they would do that. I was advised to file my appeal for an ALJ Hearing within 60 days of my denial letter and I have done so, thus preserving my rights. I have called her on 3 separate occasions and she is dragging her feet to put it nicely. Last time I reached her was on December 1st and she said the reports have been on her desk since November 16th and she still hasn't looked at them yet...I am furious!!

Today I actually bypassed her and spoke with her supervisor who has no clue as to why there has been a delay. She says she will speak with my case worker who will be in the office tomorrow to discuss it. I explained that I have been patiently waiting on this woman to act since Nov 16th and that I'd appreciate a follow-up call tomorrow.

Bottom line: I need to keep a roof over my head and pay my bills- I cannot afford to stand by and wait while someone who obviously is either too busy of just doesn't give a damn warms a seat in some office hoping I'll go away. Well I'm NOT going away...Has anyone out there ever had any success at having their case "re-called" like she claims can be done?? Any idea how long this process takes?? Got to be quicker than waiting 6-12 more months for an ALJ hearing, right? No, I'm not interested in a lawyer...I've got all the evidence I need. Just need the chance to have someone to view it at DDS.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All,

Trying to get SSDI approved has been a bigger NIGHTMARE than dealing with the VA. I'll skip the long story and try to keep this as short as possible. After having my Reconsideration Appeal denied in 8 working days I called and spoke to the woman in charge of my case at DDS and told her that I was not afforded enough time to send her my "new evidence" . The new evidence consisted of FOUR C&P exams that I had to move heaven and earth to obtain since they were done by QTC. Anyways...these reports are SOLID evidence and state all the necessary medical reasons why I am unable to work.

After speaking with her she told me to send her the Doctor reports which I did on November 9th. She said she would review the reports and if there was enough to warrant re-calling my case (maintained at my local Social Sec Field Office) she would speak with her supervisor and they would do that. I was advised to file my appeal for an ALJ Hearing within 60 days of my denial letter and I have done so, thus preserving my rights. I have called her on 3 separate occasions and she is dragging her feet to put it nicely. Last time I reached her was on December 1st and she said the reports have been on her desk since November 16th and she still hasn't looked at them yet...I am furious!!

Today I actually bypassed her and spoke with her supervisor who has no clue as to why there has been a delay. She says she will speak with my case worker who will be in the office tomorrow to discuss it. I explained that I have been patiently waiting on this woman to act since Nov 16th and that I'd appreciate a follow-up call tomorrow.

Bottom line: I need to keep a roof over my head and pay my bills- I cannot afford to stand by and wait while someone who obviously is either too busy of just doesn't give a damn warms a seat in some office hoping I'll go away. Well I'm NOT going away...Has anyone out there ever had any success at having their case "re-called" like she claims can be done?? Any idea how long this process takes?? Got to be quicker than waiting 6-12 more months for an ALJ hearing, right? No, I'm not interested in a lawyer...I've got all the evidence I need. Just need the chance to have someone to view it at DDS.

LC

You say that you are not interested in a lawyer. That is your business. I know at least 2 people that very fighting SSDI for benefits for several years and kept getting denied. Then they hired a SS lawyer and he won both cases in approx 3 months.

I'm just saying...Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

The rule of thumb on attorneys and disability cases are hire them early or hire them very, very late. If you hire them early maybe you'll avoid the years of SSD denials that is normal in the course of applying for disability. If you hire them late you've exhausted yourself and many years of time and generated a huge sum for the attorneys work --so, they work harder and you get a quick outcome.

The choice of hiring an attorney is personal. Don't let anyone talk you into it or out of it. If you feel you can compete with the headache and frustrations and nonsense that is the social security folks then plow ahead. If you feel overwhelmed and desultory then seek professional representation.

my four.three cents of non-wisdom

Once you hire a Lawyer you will be approved for SSDI if you have all the evidence, let them fight the fight, you don't need the stress, in the long run it is worth it! JMHO!

"Hang in there and Fight"

• HadIt.com Elder

Disability determination service is a state level organization that SSA uses for the initial evaluations for Disability.

This organization for the most part is a Joke. This is where the majority of claims are denied.

Here is the steps. File a claim, get a denial, ask for reconsideration and at that time retain an attorney.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

"The new evidence consisted of FOUR C&P exams that I had to move heaven and earth to obtain since they were done by QTC. Anyways...these reports are SOLID evidence and state all the necessary medical reasons why I am unable to work."

If they determined you cannot work due to SC ,that would be good evidence for TDIU.Were these C & P s for TDIU?

Reconsideration. We won a request like that from SSA -it took about 3-4 months.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.