Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Saw My New Letter On E-Benefits

Rate this topic

NJBB62

Congratulations from me also... I too await to hear (coming up on a year) but this site has kept me sane. And I mean that whole-heartedly and with much gratitude... for the advice and moral support. Again, I am happy for you. Be well and Merry Christmas!

Its a nice feature .. but as with anything on ebenfits the letters need to be reformatted.

For example I am 100%. I am also retired military so don't need a letter for commissary benefits. What I do need is a letter that states I am 100% with out saying how much compensation I receive.

The problem with the current formated letter indicating that a veteran is receiving service connected disability is that the letter indicates the level of disability, effective date ( which is the date the leter is printed) and compensation amount, it does not indicate if future exams are required. I think it would be nice to have a letter that didn't indicate how much compensation a veteran receives, unless applying for credit no one wants to give out compensation information.

Its a nice feature .. but as with anything on ebenfits the letters need to be reformatted.

For example I am 100%. I am also retired military so don't need a letter for commissary benefits.

What I do need is a letter that states I am 100% with out saying how much compensation I receive.

The problem with the current formated letter indicating that a veteran is receiving service connected disability is that

the letter indicates the level of disability, effective date ( which is the date the leter is printed) and compensation amount,

it does not indicate if future exams are required.

I think it would be nice to have a letter that didn't indicate how much compensation a veteran receives,

unless applying for credit no one wants to give out compensation information.

Teac,

Perhaps you could try to use the commissary benefit letter, for something else

that you need.

My commissary letter does show the 100% - without any amount - that the total disability

is considered permanent and not scheduled for future exams.

My letter for Real Estate Tax exemption, is just about the same.

Dear Ms. XXX:

We are providing you with this letter so you may receive commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces.

This is to certify XXXXXX X XXX is an honorably discharged veteran of the Army and is entitled to disability compensation

at the 100 percent rate due to service-connected disability(ies).

This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Founder

Great news, so happy you found us and we could assist. Spend wisely and take very good care of yourself.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Congrats!!!

Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-08

40% lower back, 10% migraines, 10% depression, 10% dermatitis 0% residuals of right foot, 0% esophagitis & 0% hypertension

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"

- Abraham Lincoln

One of the best holiday gifts you could want! Wonderful and joyous!

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use