Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Saw My New Letter On E-Benefits

Rate this topic

NJBB62

NJ...This is GREAT news!!! Congrats on your long fight!!! I'm very happy for you.

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

Its a nice feature .. but as with anything on ebenfits the letters need to be reformatted.

For example I am 100%. I am also retired military so don't need a letter for commissary benefits. What I do need is a letter that states I am 100% with out saying how much compensation I receive.

The problem with the current formated letter indicating that a veteran is receiving service connected disability is that the letter indicates the level of disability, effective date ( which is the date the leter is printed) and compensation amount, it does not indicate if future exams are required. I think it would be nice to have a letter that didn't indicate how much compensation a veteran receives, unless applying for credit no one wants to give out compensation information.

I would say to cut and paste the letter into Word and modify it to say what you need it to say because it's in the wording - you are not lying just moving words around...

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

congrats I understand wanting to quit because thats where I am at everyday I hope I get something and the I dont and it kills me then I get on this site a read around and it helps bring me back up

Christmas present''''''''''' Got yhe letter from DAV NSO today. I understand this is not an official letter from the VA but they havent been wrong yet.Raising my PTSD from 50% to 70%, CAD is staying at 30%. Individual unemployability and basic eligibility to dependents educational assistance.. P and T??? Hope so, I want to stick it to the property tax people the way they have been sticking it to me the last several years. I have heard some bad stories about the DAV reps but here in OKC they have been great! Turned private medical records into them in Nov 2009 and they ran with it,only seen my rep about four times in that time period. havent even talked to him in eleven months. Guess I will pay him a visit to thank him. No rambling intended to all of you, Thank You!

Christmas present''''''''''' Got yhe letter from DAV NSO today. I understand this is not an official letter from the VA but they havent been wrong yet.Raising my PTSD from 50% to 70%, CAD is staying at 30%. Individual unemployability and basic eligibility to dependents educational assistance.. P and T??? Hope so, I want to stick it to the property tax people the way they have been sticking it to me the last several years. I have heard some bad stories about the DAV reps but here in OKC they have been great! Turned private medical records into them in Nov 2009 and they ran with it,only seen my rep about four times in that time period. havent even talked to him in eleven months. Guess I will pay him a visit to thank him. No rambling intended to all of you, Thank You!

This is good news H-man !

What a terrific day to receive splendid news....

If the letter states benefits for Dependents Educational Benefits and ChampVA, your award is P&T...

If it states you are eligible to apply for TDIU, then it's not yet a P&T decision but would suggest you pursue it.

Again, outstanding Santa surprise for you ~ have seen many awards come through this month.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use