Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% To Iu

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

On e-benefits my claim for IU has finally went to the under review which is after the claim received statues. How long does a claim for IU take?

I'm still trying to get better and been really tempted to try the temp services again for work, but I been told that one day of work would mess up my IU claim and that I need to stop and think about if it is worth trying to work at a temp service and passing on IU.

After thinking about it I feel that IU is my best course of action. What would you guys and gals do? Work when you can or go for IU? My last job was over a year ago and couldn't get myself to walk through the doors to work.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hey man im in the same boat as u i appied iu with my orginal claim and it has just been closed but the letter generator says nothing about my iu but looking at tdiu claims forum alout people lettere generator didnt say it either but they got in the big brown enevelope

Christian Huber

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a question. Since I filed for IU like a month after getting SCed for ptsd will they back date the IU to my original claim for ptsd or when I filed for IU?

x

x

x

The will award TDIU if you are rated at least 70% for PTSD and the evidence shows unemplyability due to sc PTSD. Also, they may grant retro TDIU if all of your cumulative evidence inferred/suggested the unemplyability issue, or you claimed the issue in writing. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

x

x

x

The will award TDIU if you are rated at least 70% for PTSD and the evidence shows unemplyability due to sc PTSD. Also, they may grant retro TDIU if all of your cumulative evidence inferred/suggested the unemplyability issue, or you claimed the issue in writing. ~Wings

Yes, I am 70% for PTSD and 30% for asthma.

The unemployment issue has been there since my first day of treatment back in 2010. So I would think they should go back to my original file date for getting SCed with PTSD but I think I may have to fight it. I'm thinking they will only want to back date it to when I put in the IU claim which was right after I got SCed for PTSD.

I got my decision letter on my PTSD claim saying they'd rated me 70%. In the packet was the form to file for TDIU, which I did right away, same as you.

When I got the decision about TDIU (just about 6 months later) I got retro'd the difference clear back to the original filing date of my PTSD claim.

Did I answer what you were asking?

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.