VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New 3;159 Supports Ptsd

Rate this question

Guest anfrnkie

Question

Guest anfrnkie

hi guys i got a ssoc as i am 100% ptsd granted in 2003 i appeald earlier effective date to 52-55 navy in ssoc under 3;159 states c indicates that clamed disabilty or symptoms may be associated with the established event,injury,or disease in service or with another service-connected disability. paragraph 4,1 c could be safisfied by competent evidence showing ptds treatment for a condition,or other possible association with military service,there is a lot more under 3;159,in my case i am going back to air force 46-46 at 100%,ptsd is already granted will apply to 3;159,back to 52-56 my ptsd is 4 -25 -52 wasp sinking hobson.i hope i have given you help with 3;159- dept of vets affairs assistance in developing claims it sure help me

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Frank -it took me considerable time to comprehend your insurance problem and I think that was resolved.

But your claim for CUE and SC and the appeals? I regret I do not have the experience to help you on that.

I think you receive 100% comp every month for PTSD and that they used the date you first filed your claim for the retro and EED.

If you believe the VA is going to pay you retro back to the Hobson or whatever-

then they owe many of these vets here MEGABUCKS because the PTSD vets from Nam alone- are owed 30-40 years of comp because they all got it there. That wont happen.

Unless your CUE claim succeeds. Still you have the 1992 constructive notice in Bell-

so even that will not get you retro back to the Hobson incident. No way.

Wings is right and I stand by what she said- we need the actual citations on this stuff- and just like you said to Wings-

"so if i can get them to understand my claims why can,t you "

Well I dont have a clue either on what your claims are about so aside from the insurance matter I cannot help you at all.

At least you are not as nasty as that big know- it -all Elizabeth-who is gone-

but we do need the actual citations when you state a VA regulation.

Guest anfrnkie
Testvet and Wings,

Amen!

Rickb54,

Yes, what you say does happen when all the evidence is in favor of the claimant, and in your case, if the evidence is all there, you'll prevail too!

However, in Frank's case, his claim is so muddled, it's unclear what evidence he actualy has. Wings, Berta and everyone else has tried to help this gentleman, but no one can seem to to get a straight answer from him.

I think Wings and Berta have asked him numerous times if he applied for SERVICE-CONNECTD DISABILITY within one year of his discharge, not any life insurance! He stated is "100% airforce" and "100% Navy," but after questions from other members as to whether if this disability was awarded by the service departments i.e. DoD, or if he just "thinks" he is 100% disabled, no can tell! Questions were asked whether his hospital records from Japan were actually in his c-file and whether or not he had treatment of his claimed disabilities since discharge, no readable response! So until anyone gets a clearer picture of what's going, it's going to be really, really hard to help him.

I know for one thing, and I hate to say this when it comes to helping fellow veteran, but in Frank's case, I gave up trying to help him a long time ago.

Vike 17veteran,don,t make any judgmemt until you know the full story i haved posted today under topic as far as giving up on me thank god you made that statment veteran you an wings make a good pair nosence,and nonsence and please buddy i don;t need your help ,i have seen more action then you have hair on your head,i was a staff sergant in air force navy was on for 47 months have been around the world twice watched 179 men go dowm to their graves in 4-25-52 wasp sinking hobson i an 100%ptsd,and you gave up on me a long time ago? get lost and thke wings with you

I think this is:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...0.1.1.4.1.58.68

The normal initial Duty to Assist regs that every new claim gets info on-

nothing special there-

38 CFR 3.159 et al-

Guest anfrnkie

vik17 and wings,don,t make any statnents until you know the whole truth.as far as your statment of i gave up helping frank long ago vetrean i don;t need you help or wings i have seen more action then you and wings put together,va is taking care of my claims and to give you some feedback for your pea brain,i was a staff sergeant in air force at age 22,wings can you top that record?i am 100%for air force cfr ch5 part 3 m21-1 wings i also got my insurance back,va is working on air force on air force compensation with out the help of a s/o,i took care of it myself, navy 52-56 i have been around the world twice 92,000 miles i have seen places you only read about i have been to the north and south pole crossed the equator twice i hold member ship to many clubs from all over the world, i also watched 179 men got to their graves on the deck of the wasp when wasp cut hobson in half i listened to cries for help of men in the water, i am 100%ptsd for that night,an you vik17 what help could you give me vik 17? you and wings make a good pair nosense and nonsence do not respond to any of my topics however you can read my success letter

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank,

I have every right to correct your legal citations if I think that doing so will help other veterans. This board is for ALL veterans.

No sir, I can not top your rank! I was a mere Sergeant at age 22, and responsible for other people's lives, as was every other veteran on this board. This is NOT a one-man army! No Sir, I can not top your combat stressors, but I have PTSD just the same.

I won my PTSD claim in 11 months. I think that's almost record time. I did not do this alone, I had the good folks at Hadit to aide and comfort - and guide my claim. I stay on here to give back the support that was shown to me.

I have said NUMEROUS times, it would help us to help you if you would be more CLEAR in your written communications. Your communications are muddled Sir: they are not clear and no one here can comprehend the details.

If you are secure with the thought that the VA is "taking care" of your claims, then so be it.

I am sorry your pride is offended, and I will say again, I mean no disrespect to you when I ask you to be more clear - - so that newcomers are not all the more confused by the VA Claims process. I am still learning - as we all are.

If I am doing more harm than good, as seems the case here, I will refrain from any attempts to assist you. I am truley sorry that I am not able to help you! It's my pleasure and pride to be able to give any assitence at all. So, I will shelve my own pride and pray sincerely for your success. God Bless you.

~Wings

Guest anfrnkie
I think this is:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...0.1.1.4.1.58.68

The normal initial Duty to Assist regs that every new claim gets info on-

nothing special there-

38 CFR 3.159 et al-

breta, i don,t think this is what i have from ssoc, this is new as stated on ssoc new 3;159,dept of va,assistance in developing claims,under paragraph c,could be satisfied by competent evideing post service treatment for a condition or other possible assocition with military serviceis