Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70 Percent Ptsd

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

Last month I received retorpay(since 2009) for my claim and was rated @ 70 percent for PTSD. In the letter it states that I can apply for Individual Unemployability to receive 100 percent. I have been unemployed for 10 months now. Now here is the tricky part I'm unemployed because I helped a person on two ocassions obtained anabolic steroids. I was working DOD at the time and had gave it to a military soldier on a military installation. I was not convicted; however I lost my job and was barred for a year from the military installation. I'm located overseas in germany, so laws apply different for civilians in germany.

My question is I want to apply for the IU; however I'm a little bit hesistant because I have no clue if this will affect my percentage or they will call my old job and find out why I lost my job. I would rather apply because for the IU because I feel like I can not work because of my PTSD issues. Should I apply for IU or just leave it alone

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone can apply for anything at any time.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Anyone can apply for anything at any time.

J

Yes I understand, but the question in doubht will this effect my rating for the reason why I'm unemployed. Does VA do a back ground check. I'm not a convicted felon, just made a mistake.