VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Question

Rate this question

grent

Question

BEEN 3 YEARS NOW CAN YOU SHOW OR ADVISE ME SHOULD I DO A WRIT OF MANDAMUS??

OR JUST CONTINUE TO WAIT THE VA OUT? SPRING SUMMER WINTER GOES BY YEAR AFTER YEAR NOTHING NO DOCKET NUMBER NO LETTERS NOTHING??

IM WORRIED I MIGHT DIE BEFORE I EVER GET A HEARING AT THE BVA

I'M GETTING TIRED OF WAITING.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

BEEN 3 YEARS NOW CAN YOU SHOW OR ADVISE ME SHOULD I DO A WRIT OF MANDAMUS??

OR JUST CONTINUE TO WAIT THE VA OUT? SPRING SUMMER WINTER GOES BY YEAR AFTER YEAR NOTHING NO DOCKET NUMBER NO LETTERS NOTHING??

IM WORRIED I MIGHT DIE BEFORE I EVER GET A HEARING AT THE BVA

I'M GETTING TIRED OF WAITING.

grent,

If what you are saying is that it has now been 3 years since you submitted your Form 9,

I feel you just have to keep waiting to hear something and would not feel it an appropriate

action to file a writ at this time.

If you have a VSO maybe pay them a visit.

Has your file been certified and transferred to BVA's jurisdiction?

If you are pro se, maybe call the BVA Ombudsman's office and ask what month and

year they are currently working on.

JMHO

grent, I agree with carlie. I also have a claim at the BVA since April 2010, but I got a DOCKET number in a short time after they received the claim. If you have a Veterans Service Officer (VSO) or State Rep, call them. If not, you can call the Ombudsman in Washington at 202-632-4623 from 9:00 to 4:30 Mon thru Fri. Their web site is: www.vba.va.gov/index.asp

On that page, left side, click on "customer service" for more info on bva claims. I hope this will help you. Thanks for your service. Lugnut AKA Buddy

I agree!

Did a VSO send in an I-9 for you or do you have proof of mailing it yourself?

A former local vet rep called me up one day asking me to help with a vet's claim.He sounded in great distress.

When I got over to his office he told me what happened. The vet gave him the I-9 and he ,the POA rep ,said he would send the I-9 to the VA right away.

He never did and forgot all about it and the appeal period had passed and the vet had called him for a status on the appeal.The claim was awful anyhow. He had tried to get the vet's personality disorder service connected.blink.png

When I told him that claim would NEVER succeed he wanted me to try and open a claim for PTSD instead.

I interviewed the vet, went over his SMRs, and all med recs.

The vet ,in my opinion had a personality disorder and had absolutely nothing to build a PTSD claim on.

So,luckily for the rep, the vet couldn't sue him.

It might sound unusual for a rep to call me but this guy also was the boss of the vet org office.blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

But this scenario does not happen often at all. It is always best, regardless of having a POA or not, to mail important stuff to the VA oneself and get proof of mailing from the PO.

HI

i filed my form within the 60 period and it was accepted> then i got worried i think i just joined hadit at that time and jim strickland got me a lawyer.

but i don't bother calling they the lawyers dont like you bothering them besides their never in their offices always gone .

i dont know what to do

im getting worried its a ton of retro payment

well i guess ill do like you say and sit tight