• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Advertise Here contact us

Dental Implants

Question

my question is this once again

what is the final ruling on VA providing dental implants for 100% P and T vets

do they pay fee basis dental implants

just trying to get the final word is it yes or no

thanks

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Grent,

Please read the following carefully and page 12 will deal with the fee basis process. As you will see you must be either 100 percent P and T or TDIU. OR have a service connected disability that leads or causes the problem with your teeth that you can link it too. There are a couple of other possiblities listed but you have to meet the criteria described. It looks like if you follow the guidelines you may be able to do it, though plan on at least 2 months to get the approval , due to the fee basis approval situtation. You may have to get a VA dental exam to see if they can recommend it. It is all there in the directive.

Like I said in an earlier post ,,,,,I go to Progresso Mexico. It is the haven for retired and Veterans folks from all over the United States and you will see that walking the street across the bridge. Lots of Veterans go there and get their teeth worked on because it is so cheep. Many "Winter Texans" come down for their vacation once a year and go over there. It is a well known national phenomene.

I am only at 40 percent so I do not qualify. Hopefully you can meet the criteria but if not , I would plan a vacation and head to South Texas and Progresso ......you might run in to some other Vets you know. Count on spending only 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of United States Prices on everything. It is only a short walk of 50 yards across the bridge to the first dentist , and mine is about 200 yard walk. There are about 300 to choose from . The Dental Mecca of the World. Anyway hope this helps. And Good Luck with getting the Dental Implants. NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

DENTAL REGS FOR VA.pdf

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Once again, it depends on your VA medical center if they'll do implants. Fee basis is up to the VAMC you use. In the past, the only reason I've been granted fee basis dental is because I was over 200 miles away from VA and that VA had the money for fee basis. I think you you'll find the VA dentisits are advised to say no to implants judt to save money. Perhaps if you file the proper appeal or complain to your congressman or rep that the implants are medically necessary, you may get them. What you want, a black and white answer about VA benefits will not happen. The VA doers what it wants until someone with more authority forces it to do otherwise. SO- start at the dentist at the VA. If they say no, try patient advocate. If that doesn't work, try your congressman or rep. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA Dental Department in Dallas rarely allows Dental Implants. They prefer pulling teeth over most other forms of Denitistry. In fact that have a whole wing devoted to pulling teeth

• Subscription Holder

I believe that if you could show that not having implants was a definite barrior to employment they might do it. If you are missing all your front teeth it is harder to get a job especially if you are a woman.

I think with 100% vets in many VAMC's the feeling may be "why spend thousands on this guy who just collects a check?" The VA's policy on many dental procedures is just a sham.

I*'m sure when it comes to the point where it will be cheaper to pull your remaining teeth than fix them, the VA will give you dentures and off you go!