VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Pain Medication Policy

Rate this topic

I dont know what the hell thier plan is, beause ive been told time and time again, no chiropractor. Also with my history of hepc I dont think its safe medical practice to be poking me with needles . (acupuncture).. And I bet the VA wont authorize deep tissue massages., So if they cut me off, I dont think I will last very long. Probably wind up at the methadone clinic, the liquor store, or the graveyard. Im not going to suffer in pain more than I already do needlessly, because some xxxxxxxx at the VA decided opiates are not good anymore for pain.

Edited by 63SIERRA

look at the horse from the other end now.. end now. look how many secondary claims they will be able to eliminate, by eliminating the pain meds.

Depression

Impotence

Suicidal Ideation

Decreased ability to breathe

also the taking of pain medications is solid proof of many problems, so when the eliminate the pain killers, there also goes your proof.

I can see it now. "" Patient claim back condition but is not on any pain meds, doesnt get chiropractic treatment, ect. claim denied.

If your in constant miserable pain. I can gaurantee you.

impotence. you surtely wont feel like fooling around.

depression... being in pain all the time is very depressing.,

sucicidal idelation. of course u want to end the pain once and for all

decreased ability to breath.... does it really matter when you suffering and contemplating death anyway?

so they arent doing it to help veterans, its to save money, deny claims, and cover thier ass/

maybe medical marijuana will be acceptable or tolerated soon being the VA is just dumping vets on the street cold turkey. Just light up a blunt in the lobby whilest waiting on old sawbones?

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

I went out to eat with relatives. After sitting in a booth for about 90 minutes my back got so stiff I needed help to stand up. My lower back hurts, and is stiff as a board in the mornings or when I sit on hard surface for over 30 minutes. The only thing that gives me relief is oxycodone or some other opiate. Now if VA would authorize massage therapy some place close to my house that would help but they won't do that. I really need permanent PT not 6 weeks of it. I have chronic issues with back and neck pain. I just cannot get the help I need anywhere without letting somebody cut into my back. This is not going to happen unless I lose control of my bladder or something.

• 2 weeks later...

My back from my neck to my butt is messed up. I have a protruding disc in my low back which is probably what is causing my incontinence. I am only 42. I have thoracic spondylosis (DDD or arthritis whatever you want to call it) I have a piece of my vertebrae broken off in my back. I also have fibromyalgia. My doctor told me to take tylenol. My doctor thinks that I shouldn't really be in that much pain. My life is a living hell. So I can definitely relate. No one hears our story. I thought about picketing in front of my VA hospital but in too much pain to even do that.

• 1 month later...