VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Desicion, Going On Week 4!

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Just because Ebenefits says something really means nothing. I have a very simple claim for increase for DMII. Ebenefits tells me it will take 18 months. I have been at gathering evidence stage for five months. All the evidence is sitting at the VA. Why does it take 18 months to just get VA records and make a decision?

I called peggy yesterday and she (he) said, you are in final stages of your claim. It depends on the ROs workload on how fast it gets completed. I said, well am I in pending decision or notification. He said, all I can see is your in final stages. I hung up the phone more confused than I was before I called. Also called AL yesterday several times and left messages but haven't got any call backs yet from them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember, if your claim is denied you can hire a legal eagle. If I had not hired a lawyer for my CUE it would have died back at the VARO 6 years ago. My request for an increase for DMII from AO has sat at the "Gathering Evidence" stage for almost 6 months. I don't check that often since there is no money involved. If you have a CUE or are claiming a great deal of retro get a lawyer. It is worth the 20% they get for them to do legal research and bang heads at BVA or CAVC. The lawyers also know the doctors who can write solid IMO's/IME's.

John

Phil -

Checking in on you - was hoping you'd have good news by now. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

With regards to the glass thing, yes, it's hard. But I'm learning to cope, and that I can "talk" (type) about it out loud is progress. It's a very serious thing for me, but I was sortof being ... lighthearted, ... well, a forced sortof lighthearted about it, if you know what I mean.

Have my fingers crossed for you.