VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Desicion, Going On Week 4!

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Oh you're makin me sad, Phil. The crocodile tears are gonna roll. I found my thrill (and escape) in hot glass, but these damn shaky hands and a penchant for passing out keep me well away from the flame these days. I have a room in my house dedicated to the making of glass, and more than a thousand rods of color are stacked neatly and collecting dust. But I can't rip it down yet.

Glass. The key is to find something you truly love. When the walls come down around me, I get on my Harley and go as hard as I can. It's the one thing that cuts though all the bullshit, and it usually happens at around 90 miles per hour. Infantry. God bless brother. I was with Fox 2nd BN, 1st Mar Div. back in the early 80's better known as 1/9 The Walking Dead. I'm not always proud of this country, sadly. I will always be proud of my time and the outstanding, idealistic, and honorable men I served with. That xxxx xxxx VSO will never know the feeling.

My last duty station was 2/7 3rd ID Rock of The Marne!!

Edited by infantry10

• HadIt.com Elder

Just because Ebenefits says something really means nothing. I have a very simple claim for increase for DMII. Ebenefits tells me it will take 18 months. I have been at gathering evidence stage for five months. All the evidence is sitting at the VA. Why does it take 18 months to just get VA records and make a decision?

These Folks who are rude and condensending forgot what we would do those types in a war zone stuation.

In Nam we would roll a smoke grenade in thier hooch as a reminder not to be a dick. Worked every time too. Squared away a Butter Bar and a First Sgt in one night.

We had no Race issues or any other kind of inter personnel problems. We were busy protecting each other and staying alive.

My son is 40 now and asked me what I fought in Viet Nam for. I told him it wasn't for God or Country or Flag..it was for the person beside me in Combat.