Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Big Christmas Present

Rate this topic

confusion99%

confusion99%,

Congrats on the win,

If you don't mind telling me how old you are regards the eye surgery. I am 52 and wear glasse (20/400) and have needed (don't wear) bifoculs for about 3 years now. Does the eye surgery help in that regards?

was going to get it done in the service for free because I was combat arms and there was a free trial period, but chickened out. Then they fired me, but thats a differents story.

Thanks,

Hamslice

I'm 66, I'm just checking into the eye surgery. I have decided it is one of the single most irritating part of my life, It is actually unnecessary from the standpoint that I can wear glasses. But I really can't see anything clearly that is within 4 feet of me. I am actually 20/20 for driving purposes, but, I can't read the dash board, so don't reallyt know how fast I am going...lol. It just makes it so difficult for me shifting back and forth...I have tried bifocals with pretty much plain glass for the distance and the cheaters for things within 4 feet, but I hate them, they make me dizzy shifting back and forth so I won't wear them. My daughter-in-law was similar at 20/300 or so on her close up vision. Not good for a Pharmacist that can't read....Anyway, she got the surgery and is now 20/10 up close so no more glasses. I will now go see what her surgeon has to say about mine...Don't know if they can or will do it or not, but at least I can now check it out and get it done if feasable.

It's Hell to get old...things hurt, things quit working, BUT, it sure beats the alternative.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. If you are talking about lens replacement for cataracts that is good. If you are talking lazik you might want to look closely before you decide. I found out yesterday that eye doc thinks I will need lens replacement this summer. I am happy. I know several who have had bad results with the other kind. I am 70

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Founder

Wonderful news and what a great surprise Christmas morning.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use