VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Children Of Vietnam Vets

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

Mike,

Thanks for the info.

Here is the VA statement on disabled children of AO parents.:

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/benefits/children-birth-defects.asp

And this is the link to the site Mike mentioned:

http://covvha.net/

My daughter had a major TIA Thanksgiving Day 2004. Her hair went white in a month. She was 27. My son came down with ulcerative colitis about 7 years old in 1994. Private well on my property. No chemicals. I came down with Crohn's at 45-virtually unheard of. I had two years of heavy Orange and Blue exposure back to back. My second grandson was born with a malformed penis. None of these have ever surfaced in any family tree. Mine. My wife's or my son in law's. Coincidence? I'm actually lucky. I can control the porphyria cutanea tarda with a phlebotomy every month. It's odd that virtually all the diseases we V Vets come down with are all skin/breathing or oral (digestive) ills. Of course, how many ways could you ingest it? Into your lungs, into your food or onto your skin transdermally. VA apparently hasn't considered all the vectors or prefers not to.

a

The VA provides compensation and care to children of Vietnam vets exposed to Agent Orange if born with Spina Bifida or "certain" other conditions. The other conditions I haven't been able to find out