VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

12 Months To-The-Day, 30% On Original/initial Claim

Rate this topic

K_C

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K_C:

I'm still waiting on my claim which is about 4 months old at this point. I was actually disappointed on how the C&P nurse did my own back C&P Exam? Due to my invovlement with a Army Tank Accident and a Tank main gun explosion about 1.5 years later, I had a lot of upper/lower Back examinations over the years. The military was unsually very professional in terms of doing them properly. So, I had the same expectation for my C&P Exams? During the ROM measurements, she took me way past the point of pain - then recorded it? It shows that my Range of Motion is way much better than it actually is according to the exam results? So, when I challenged her and her boss about it, she said, "Don't worry, the VBA Raters will see your entire file anyway and will sort it out"so..don't worry about it? Well, I'm an analyst and my reaserch has show that VBA Raters seem to be rushed due to the pressure to fix the calims backlog? As a result, they primarily look at the C&P exam (which makes sense) which holds most of the weight for the disability rating. So, if a C&P has errors, that's what the VBA rater is going to see and use for the final compensation determination. This goes way beyond differences of opinions with Vets and their C&P examiners because a lot of Vets are experiencing the same systemic exam issues? C&P inaccuracy seems to be happening a great deal now at this stage of disability claims time frame--. It makes me wonder if there's perhaps a training issue with the examiners?

Edited by rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use