VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Wait For Ssa Disability

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

Just a quick question...typically does the VA wait to see if a veteran gets Social Security Disability before making the decision for TDIU? I submitted my TDIU claim today and have an appointment next week to file the disability claim. If it matters I'm 65 and claiming unemployability for Coronary Heart Disease that's presently rated 60% (SC). Thanks in advance!

Edited by mcarter985

An 60% rating for coronary heart disease alone qualifies as an single disability therefore making you eligible for tdiu. This is if indeed your disability has an effect on your ability to work. ..

56: The 60% CAD may or may not be adequate for IU. Check out posts regarding difference between IU and SSDI qualifications. SSD is an all or nothing award, where as the IU is a percentage deal. If you have Medical and Employment Councilors opining that you are precluded due to your CAD from engaging in any type of "Gainful Employment Income" including Sedentary Employment. The age and being out of work really doesn't factor in. If your out of work and can't work due entirely to your CAD, different story. It all comes down to your SC Medical, Education background, and your ability to earn "Gainful Employment Income." If your 65, that figure is about $11,400.00 per year and is based on the US Census Poverty Level Income for (1) person. Under 65, it's about $12,350.00 per year.

I was 90% PTSD,CAD and SA and was denied IU back in 12. Got a Denial letter from VA Voc Rehab indicating my SC's precluded me from completing Voc Rehab. Sealed the Deal at DRO Hearing 6/14.

Semper Fi

Gastone