Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I Qualify

Rate this question

diver

Question

Hello everyone. I am looking at filing for SSDI and I don’t know what I am facing. I have herd lots of nightmares from it. I will be leaving work this month and starting voc rehab. I am unable to continue to do the work that I have been doing for 9 years. I am only 41 and here is my list of service connected problems.

Depression 50%
Lumbar strain 40%
Tinnitus 10%
Right ankle sprain 20%
Left ankle sprain 10%
Left knee instability 10%
Left knee chrondromalacia 10%
Right knee chrondromalacia 10%
Left knee limitation of extention 10%
Right knee limitation of extention 10%

What would be my odds. Again I know nothing about this. I was never planning on this until I have been told by many friends and family to do it.

Thanks for your thoughts and any pointers on how to do it

Diver

Update. I have now been denied twice. The only thing I have been told by them is their doctors say I can work even without an exam. Both denials took 2 months total and most of yhatvwas the paperwork i had to file. So I have got myself an attorney and I hope he can get this done. Most would not help because I am only 42 and have only been out of work for 3 months but this one said because I am a vet he would do it. However I am afraid he will drag it out as long as he can for his pay. Can he file for an extension on the 60 day limit for requesting the hearing? I would have thought that being 100% p&t would have made it easier. I assume that because I am not tdui the Washington state grooup are telling me in their own way to stick it.

On 3/9/2015 at 3:42 PM, diver said:

Hello everyone. I am looking at filing for SSDI and I don’t know what I am facing. I have herd lots of nightmares from it. I will be leaving work this month and starting voc rehab. I am unable to continue to do the work that I have been doing for 9 years. I am only 41 and here is my list of service connected problems.

Depression 50%
Lumbar strain 40%
Tinnitus 10%
Right ankle sprain 20%
Left ankle sprain 10%
Left knee instability 10%
Left knee chrondromalacia 10%
Right knee chrondromalacia 10%
Left knee limitation of extention 10%
Right knee limitation of extention 10%

What would be my odds. Again I know nothing about this. I was never planning on this until I have been told by many friends and family to do it.

Thanks for your thoughts and any pointers on how to do it

Diver

You get Both Knees Chondromalacia, and Limitation of Extension? 

On March 3, 2016 at 4:46 PM, OCDMarine said:

You get Both Knees Chondromalacia, and Limitation of Extension? 

Different ratings but yes you can get both range of motion, pain, instability and so forth(degenerative, rather traumatic arthritis).  I am currently heading to the BVA for this.  The VA granted 10% for each knee after a fight, however, I know from my medical opinions, IME/IMOs, and rating schedule that I qualified for a higher rating.  They are not going to like me a whole lot when I file for the increase once I have my knee surgeries done.

Yup so do I with lateral laxity and instability.  The doc has told me that scoping both should take care of it with possibly more to do on the right knee depending on how bad it is when he gets in there.  

My SSDI exam is scheduled for April so by that time I'll have my IU decision and the evidence that DOL and VA have been ignoring.  The timelines are all jacked up because of what I got going on.  So hard to say where it will go.  My plan is still the same, use the agencies against themselves and with time they each will prove my cases and claims to each other and I should receive proper entitlements.  Do you get the jest?

I have had issues because the attorneys I enlisted with were just out for the quick return not the long term fight.  Crap happens you know.   

LOL