Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great News

Rate this question

notapb1

Question

I just received notification from the VA that I have been awarded a permanent 100% disability evaluation effective November 2012 under IU. It states that no future examination will be scheduled in the future for your permanent and total disabilities.

I am grateful to all that answered my questions and motivated me to stick with it and put up with some whining about the system.

If I can be of help to anyone in the future please don't hesitate to ask. I am not an expert, but I can tell you what they required and how it was done.

Thanks to all again! The sun is finally shinning over our house!

WOW , this is GREAT News!

And Chapter 35 Educational bennies and CHAMPVA for the spouse and any kids under 18....

Those benefits alone are so valuable.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations notapb1

Always great to hear a victory...enjoy that retro buddy!

.........................Buck

notapb1

Congrats...sorry that your condtions put you in that physcal condition in the first place...so thanks for your service to the nation and good luck in the future.....

notapb1,

Congratulations on your increase and permanent and total disability status. Don't forget to take advantage of all the local benefits for 100% P & T veterans. Depending on the state, you might receive a substantial reduction in your property taxes, free disabled veteran tags, reduction in state income tax, free hunting license, free fishing license, free business license, free entry into state parks, etc. Check with your state veterans affairs office.

Good luck to you and your family.

GP

Oh, what a relief it is! The IU award should put a smile on your face and add a little PEP to your Step. Job Well Done. Does New York have a Vet IU Prperty Tax Exemption? Could be big $$.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation Dept handles Chapter 35 and I think it's Chapter 31 "Independent Living" program benefits. Even if you don't choose to avail yourself of the programs right now, to your advantage to research them. IL has some significant benefits available.

Semper Fi

Gastone