VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams: How Do You See Your Results/notes?

Rate this question

RonS

Question

This may or may not been asked before, so, I apologize ahead of time.

I filed my claim on 3/10/2015 and had my last C&P exams on 5/22/2015. My claim has since moved from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision". I noticed that people are able to post the C&P notes from their visits. How can I find my C&P notes? Are they online somewhere? I've looked on myvahealth, but they're not on there.

Best,

Ron

Your C and P will be on the website, but not available for view for Vets. There is a difference, not that that can not be fouled up, tho, also.

The best way to get your c and P exams is to go to your VAMC where they were done, to the "Release of information" desk. Then tell them you want the exam done on 4-13-2015 and it should be in your hands in 5 minutes.

I will, however, reiterate that VA is not a unified body. This means just because it happens at my VAMC does not mean it will happen at any VA. I have seen this over and over.

Navy4Life,

I do hope that the information is also not accurate. But the rep stated it's going to be a very daunting task and seemed pretty confident that this will eventually be accomplished.

Well I am glad I print MHV off as I go to doctor's....

I checked today and my C&P Exam from last October is still on MHV for me to view and download....

I have started to have print outs afte revery doctors visit as well. I also found out that my old C&P exam is not available via blue button since one of the exams was a outside contractor so it wouldnt be available but they lumped all the exams into one document so it made it all unavailable.

i am friends with someone in the VA who is getting me the copies.

In the future i am going to request a FOIA copy of every exam i go to after the decision is made right away so im not playing catchup during a reduction talk (hopefully never again)

Edited by USMC_VET

Hello all,

This seems to come up a lot. Hope this will help you to understand what you can get easily and what comes hard.

Ok first if the C and P( Compensation and Pension Exam) is done at any VA clinic, hospital, or VA Medical center you can get a copy of the report usually within 4 to 7 days after the examination is done. It is normally faster to show up to the VA facility listed above and request a copy of it. However you can also get a copy of it off www.myhealthyvet.com and can print it for your use.

HOWEVER,,,,,,, Should you have to do a C and P exam at a CONTRACTOR location. When I say contractor and there are many.....such as QTC, Veteran Evaluation Services, Logistics Health , or any number of contractor C and P sites , you will find it is very difficult to obtain. Remember the Regional Office that ordered it has control over its distribution as it becomes property of the VA and the RO.

BUT , here are some ways to get a contractor copy of the C and P exam.

THE BEST WAY TO GET A COPY Is to order a COPY of your C FILE. Now this can be done online thru ebenefits.com or a telephone call or you show up at the Regional Office. HERES THE CLINCHER THOUGH. You the veteran are allowed the FIRST copy of your Cfile for FREE. The next time you request a copy , they will charge you per sheet and as I found out ,,,,328.00 dollars. HOWEVER the C and P exam was in the C file was there. Even after multiple request from my VA lawyer from over a year and a half this is how I got my hands on it.

You can go to the Regional Office that ordered the C and P as Bronco said. I agree with Bronc , that EACH RO has a different set of rules for doing this. Sometimes easy and sometimes not. Some ROs will tell you , you have to make an appointment. Some will get it to you right then that day, and others say NO.

The next best way to get a copy of your C and P is simply go to your Congressman/Senator and tell them to request the given date , name of the examiner and location of the C and P and have the VA C and P sent to them. Normally takes 1 to 4 weeks. This is the cheapest way and normally the fastest.

The most difficult way is do a FOIA. Each RO is different and most will just put you in the pile and leave you. You may or may not ever get your C and P. And they may send you the wrong dated C and P if you have more than one or another common mistake , give you the C and P from a VAMC or VA clinic from one you may have had there. Which was free to begin with. Yes had this happen just this week on a FOIA that WAS 3 YEARS OLD...YES 3 years old and still not the right one. I have had 7 or 8 C and Ps.

Also,,,, If you do not see the C and P exam opinion/report from a VA Medical center then request that report to be posted on your myhealthyvet from that facility. For you Detel, USMC_Vet, Okie, Dejdan, Navy4life, SeattleShay, RonS.

I am sorry to make this long but it is a tough one if the VA uses a contractor. Much easier if done in a VA facility and that is the KEY.

However you choose , no matter which way you go to get your C and P exam, the Veteran must always remember to >>>>>>>>>>>>,,,,,,........NEVER GIVE UP. Hope this helps . Blessings, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate