VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Till Written Notification Once Rating Appears On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

Zeke S.

Question

My ebenefits status changed 5 days ago to claim closed. Then 4 days ago, the status changed to Fiduciary Adjustment (?). I clicked on the "letter generator" section, and it says that I am 100% disabled for Lymphoma (Agent Orange) as of July 2013 and 50% PTSD as of November 2014. It also shows a monthly amount to be awarded. On the letter generated for Commissary benefits, it also says that I am 100% Permanently disabled with no future examinations. I am able to generate all kinds of documents, but I have received nothing in the mail. Should I be calling, or will this take some time for formal documentation to reach me? Thank you in Advance.

My husband was given his service connection award of 10% in June. He did not get his monthly check until September, but the retro they are holding pending a Fiduciary Adjustment. He applied for the disability he was awarded for in May so the award retro should be for July and August. A wallopping $266 dollars. U=I sent them copies of the POA we had, and the info fro Social Security Representative Payee, He also sent a letter of NOD on the Fiduciary issue but asked they appoint me if necessary. We share in doing out finances, he just physically can not write a check or do the physical part of bill paying. We have heard nothing since. And it shows it still pending in the file being worked.  I can not imagine that $266 is worth all the trouble for a fiduciary, but if they want to do that , lets not spend it in any major purpose. It just about covers our monthly utility bill.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate to say this - - -

Getting involved in the Fiduciary scheme is usually more trouble than anything else. The withholding of retro is very common. As to "competent to handle financial affairs", physically writing a check, or even driving to pay a bill does, in my mind, not constitute the inability to manage finances.

Naturally, there are those who disagree. 

Anyway, It sounds like you have done what you could by filing an NOD. 

No one ever said that the VA's way of doing things is timely, efficient and realistic.

Such things seem to be foreign to bureaucrats.

"How long it takes," questions. The VA should hand out the old "Black 8 Ball" to all SC Vets. Shake it around after asking it a particular question, view the bottom for a different answer every time.

You won't know, until you know! Your Retro will hit your bank account, well in advance of your SC Award Letter.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell me about it Gastone  we didn't know my retro hit the bank  and was eating bologna sandwiches  after we got the brown envelope   then we check at the Bank  and had all the $$$   first thing we did was went to Red Lobster  had a steak  wife splurges  on crab legs..it obvious was a happy time.

...........Buck

Edited by Buck52

How long do appeals normally take to go through?  Mine has only been in since October, but I chose to have it go to a DRO.  I heard that's the quickest way, but people are still telling me a year or two.  It's in the "Gathering of Evidence" stage, but has been there for a month now.