Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's The Turn Around Time For A C & P Exam

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

I had my c & p exam on 8 July 2015. I was wondering what the average turn around time for an exam to be completed ? This particular c & p was for PTSD secondary personal assault . It's been a week and still not complete. Is this normal they take so long to be completed ? Or is it mine might be a little more complex . Any advice would be appreciated .

Jaydog

To chime in with everyone else, I've found that it depends upon if it is a contractor or VA Facility CP Exam, the doctor whom performs it, and the complexity of the exam? Most ROs put in a suspense when they order the exam which is usually 2-4 weeks from the time of the scheduled exam happens and you can see that in ebenefits. That said, I could see where PTSD exams may take longer if they have to review extensive..."stressor" related records?

The good news us that you can see the exams in MyhealthEvet "Blue Button" (as said above) if it's a VA Facility CP Exam. At least for me, I have never seen any of the contractor related CP exams but my first FDC claim just got adjudicated and maybe those records will be filed with my other smrs at some point and I'll be able to see them sometime? Unfortunately, I would like to see an echocardiogram that was recently done on my heart valve issues for medical purposes...but it was done as a Contractor C&P Exam...so who knows...when and if I will see it.....anyway goodluck....rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22

My C&P exam was 7/13/15 and my results were on My Healthy Vet today the 17. Results look favorable to me, just a few minor errors.

Wingnut73,

Wow that was a pretty quick turn around. I check myhealthevet today and nothing there. Glad to hear yours was favorable I hope the best for you. Good luck.

If it was a VA Staff Psychiatrist, you might want to stop in at your VA Medical Center Record Dept and request a copy of the Clinician Notes from your C & P. I found both the Clinicians notes and a copy of my C & P PTSD DBQ at the Records Dept, never been available for access on my MHV site.

As far as how long before you know something, no one really knows. Unless your a Hardship Case, VA Claims have 2 speeds, Slow and Slower.

Have you compared your C&P answers to a PTSD DBQ? Compare your self-administered DBQ to the 38 CFR 4, what do you think, rating wise?

You already get a Direct Deposit for your 10% SC, right. Set up a Text/Email notification on your Bank/CU account to notify you of all Transactions. The Retro Deposit usually HITS about 3 weeks before the Big Brown Award Envelope arrives. That's what I'd be concerned about, the $$$. You don't want the Retro $$ in your account for days without knowing, right.

Your way past doing anything that will affect your initial PTSD SC %, that comes later, by way of NOD or Request for Increase.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Gastone,

Thanks for the info. I was planning to go down to the VAMC on Tuesday to get a copy

I did go over a DBQ for PTSD to find out. I would say anywhere from 50% to 70%, but who knows.

I do have SC for my shoulder at 10% never filed a claim for PTSD, so this is the first time around for me on this. I guess the reason I never filed for it was because I only thought you could have PTSD if you served in combat, But after 20 years of fighting with memories about some events that I experienced in the Military I finally talked to someone at The VA and said that, what I had experienced and witnessed was in fact a valid reason to file for SC PTSD and to get treatment. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it

Thanks

Jaydog