• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinions

Rate this question

green

Question

I would appreciate your opinions given the following information

• Processed out of the military in 1983 and given a 20% rating
  • Requested a reevaluation of disability in 1993 and given a 60% rating
  • Requested consideration for 9 secondary conditions December 2014, used Fully Developed Claim format, my claim was in preparation for notification for about 2 weeks but went backwards... the claim is currently "gathering evidence"

I called Peggy today to get a status update and was told that the RO had requested records from three different Regional Offices.  I haven't lived in one State since 2002 and the other two were prior to 1993. 

This is interesting as I had a call from the RO working my current claim back in September and asked if I would give them permission to not go to any RO for information I hadn't submitted and I gave them permission.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Green

All I can say is this, if you don't have your up to date C-file, request it ASAP!  Same for your complete STR! 

As for the heavy hitters on here, can you post your redacted claim info, so they can view and advise you accordingly?

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It is not unusual for the status on ebenefits to bounce back and forth. It can even get to what might be the last stages and then go back to the early stages. Also, it is entirely possible for the claim status to never change. It has to be updated manually by VA staff. Some of them are lazier than others.

Regarding them asking for older information from other RO's, it is not uncommon. I assume they might be trying to consolidate your records, look for continuity of treatment, or even could be correcting some errors. It's hard to say exactly why they do that. I had something similar happen when a claim was outsourced to a different RO. They ended up leaving some records there on accident and were consolidating everything here at my RO.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I think most veterans go through what you are going through. My claim bounced around so much I watched it just to see where it would go next. My claim went back to gathering evidence several times when it seemed it was finished. I think getting a hobby like others on hadit.com have recommended is good to help you keep your sanity.

My claims always process through each stage rather slowly, then when they reach the end they go haywire for a week or so, sometimes all the way back to gathering evidence.  Then I get the answer in a couple days.  I think they have made thier decision and are just getting all thier ducks in a row...

Good luck, 

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

The VA takes your claim, wads it up and puts it in a ball.  They then play pool with the ball, and everytime it hits somewhere, it changes ebenefits.  This is done to confuse you, and hope you will withdraw your claim, or call a congress critter and then they put it in a dead letter pile, and play ball with someone elses.

The solution is to not trust ebenefits, and get a hobby such as playing pool or ping pong with your grandchildren.  Then make a list of these things, wad it up put it in a ball:

1.  Call your VSO and ask him why its taking so long.

2.  Send an IRIS email asking for status.

3.  Contact the USB office and ask him/her.

4.  If its in appeals, contact BVA, CAVC, DRO etc.  

Since none of these do any good, you may as well keep playing ball.  (Number 3 or 4 might help)