Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can we get travel pay?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know if we can get travel pay  when we have a PTSD C&P?

My reason for asking  I may get one here in the next month or two   a veteran at my VAMC mention to me that they are not doing

PTSD C&P at our VAMC..We have to go to a different location.....its  is about 50 miles away  vs 22 miles from my VAMC.

Anybody Know?

............Thanks

.............................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yes, it's time for the pols to stop their posturing and bloviating and do the right thing.  The thing that was promised to Veterans generations ago!  Someone who will get that Bill that is stalled out, moving and champion it till it's approved across the board, and implemented to it's fullest extent.  The Bill that is supposed to give us COLA, and address the overall general weak compensation amounts.

Oh yeah! You said the magic words. I know this topic is about travel, well, this is all part of it. Here is my wish list for starters:

1. Getting rid of the stupid travel deductible

2. Choose our own doctor w/o VAMC Choice Card red tape

3. 100% P&T/TDIU automatically qualify for SSDI (Brave Act)

Etc...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Vync,

I also think that we should get a higher travel comp rate set at 25 cents above what ever the going rate is.  And a reduction in federal income tax equal to our overall disability rating, for example 10% rate equals 10% reduction in taxes, and 50% equals 50% reduction in taxes, and so on.

So much is not done to compensate all Veterans, not just disabled Vets. We all should be justly rewarded for serving our country.  It would be such a small overall cost as to not even effect state or federal budgets, since roughly 1% or so, of our country's citizens have served or are serving.

When I went for C&P exams with QTC they gave me a check for travel pay; after the exam was completed. The QTC office I went to was not located in the VAMC. Apparently C&P travel pay is handled differently depending on which State or VISN one lives in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth everyone!!!!

.........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vync,

I also think that we should get a higher travel comp rate set at 25 cents above what ever the going rate is.  And a reduction in federal income tax equal to our overall disability rating, for example 10% rate equals 10% reduction in taxes, and 50% equals 50% reduction in taxes, and so on.

So much is not done to compensate all Veterans, not just disabled Vets. We all should be justly rewarded for serving our country.  It would be such a small overall cost as to not even effect state or federal budgets, since roughly 1% or so, of our country's citizens have served or are serving.

That is genius! I would love to see that happen!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

You can get travel pay for any service connected issues that you have an appt for. i.e. if you are rated 20% diabetes and you have an appointment for blood work to test your A1C then you can get travel pay. Anybody rated over 30% will get half of their actual travel pay for the first 3 visits of every month after that you will get the full amount.  At least that is what I was told by the Patient advocate at my VAMC. If anybody knows different let me know.