VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can we get travel pay?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know if we can get travel pay  when we have a PTSD C&P?

My reason for asking  I may get one here in the next month or two   a veteran at my VAMC mention to me that they are not doing

PTSD C&P at our VAMC..We have to go to a different location.....its  is about 50 miles away  vs 22 miles from my VAMC.

Anybody Know?

............Thanks

.............................Buck

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I was at my VAMC for physical therapy this Monday, and I asked a young lady at one of the info windows if I could claim travel for that.  She said that if you are 30% or higher you can claim travel for any and all appointments.  So....all those appointments I went to....$0. for me.  Not to fuss tho, I was able to file for 3 recent ones tho.  And they always come as a hard check in the mail.

To add, some VAMC's (like mine) will only pay one way for unscheduled/walk-in appointments (rip off).

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Guys

I always got travel pay and its just sent straight to my Bank Account direct deposit, its just this is a different location.

I'll ask about it when I to my C&P.

......................Buck

At the bottom of the travel voucher, you put the address of the VA Facility, that was your destination. Travel vouchers are also necessary when you attend appointments for Chapter 35 or 31 programs at your VARO, be sure to include parking fees.

Semper Fi

Well now VAMCs has put a new wrinkle that makes thing both easier and harder.  My VAMC travel pay was so backed up (about 2 months)  they decided to start using Kiosk Machines. The machines are real simple, just follow the directions for submitting travel pay the day of your appointment. No line to wait at the travel window.  I get my travel pay deposited in my account but I have no idea of what day it was for so it is really messed up.  I think the VAMCs still have travel windows for those who use a taxi or those who use a driving service for them to submit some type of travel voucher.  Of course they will always have a cashiers window for those they charge for any type of bill. 

P. S. This is totally off the subject but I was just wondering the other day that VA has these kiosk machines all over the hospital. I also notice that VA still kept their travel pay employees.  So my thoughts were I wonder how much all these machines cost and why in the heck would VA purchase them and keep the travel pay employees and paying them for the same job the kiosk machines are doing.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I agree pete992 kiosk machine  

they pay double on the amount paid, it only happens to me when I go to MH, I CHECK IN using the Kiosk machine AND ALWAYS ADD THE TRAVEL PAY, and then my therapist tells me to go check out with the clerk for future appointments and travel pay, the clerk puts it in the computer and has me to sign a paper for travel pay, then when I look on my bank statements at the 1st of the month  it shows the travel pay for two appointments at MH..MY TRAVLE MILAGE IS 22MILES TO AND FROM 44 miles and its usually 13.09 $ and with MH appointments its always 1906 $?

All other appointments only pay the 13.09...MH appointments pay 1906?

I think when you use the kiosk machine  it don't let the clerks know? I even told the clerk at MH I FILED FOR TRAVEL PAY ON THE KI0SK MACHINE, but he had me sign the travel pay paper when I checked out for my appointment.

I usually get my travel pay at the end of the month (for the month) and they combined all the appointments for that month and send them direct deposit.

I was wondering if they catch this  will I have to pay it back? not my mistake!

...........Buck