• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P Over

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got through my C&P today( Sat)  1-23-16  about 75 minutes

Took a little over an hour   things went fairly well, the Physiatrist /examiner was nice  and after all the questions she said'' well that's it I need to type in some information in the computer, ect,,ect,,.....so Maybe I'll at least get it SC? not sure on the rating ? she didn't go over that many symptoms  she said she read  a lot of my records  the night before  and she has my stressors and my symptoms and I did mention I was on a cpap  machine  ordered through my MH Dr  But it was after I filed my claim...she type that in to the computer  but I don't know what she said about it?

she said ... I need to download that in ebenefits or go to my VA  ROI and have them to record  my c-pap dx  she did say it is probably already in my VA Notes.....so that should be ok...I gave her a letter my son wrote on my behalf  she read it and ask me to get that in my VA Records   she couldn'r do it   I had to do it  so she read the letter and gave it back to me.

that was the extent of my exam...if I had to guess right now I think it will get SC  and maybe a 10% rating  anything more than that I will be surprised..

Now it's waiting time  not sure how to get the exam results back?  being this was done fee base from the VA  to QTC

Thanks Everyone for supporting me  I appreciate it

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Good for you Buck.  Since the exam was done at the QTC, the only way to get a copy of that exam is after the decision has been made on that claim. VA paid for the exam do the records belong to them.  Stupid yes I know but that is the way it is. Once you get the decision though make a FOIA request for that specific exam.  I am in the hopes that you get service connected which is the main thing.

See bud wasn't so bad was it.  Good for you.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

You too, eh Buck? I am glad yours went well. I was very relieved after going through mine the other day. It is like a huge weight lifted, even if you do not have the decision yet. Congratulations on completing the big one!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Alexis & pumibel,

I appreciate it.

This C&P was a little different from the ones I had in the past, she said she read my records and my stressors ,and no need to ask me about them today and get me all upset  she said she was diagnosed with PTSD 15 Years ago  and she knows what its like  so she didn't want me to relive the trauma ..I said thank you.

Mostly questions about my childhood and the way I was raised and ask me if I or anyone in my family had  any mental disorders, and she ask me the dates I served in the military, I showed her my DD-214 but I had requested Arlington virginia correct the date and I showed her my record of where and when and why I extended in Vietnam to get the early out   it was not reported on my 2-14 .

It was hard to read her...so IDK what the outcome will be, I never ask her if  my exam is favorable to me, because she seem to agree with most of my records, but then again I won't know until I get the results/decision.

I am just glad that part is over.  it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

she seem to be'' veteran friendly''  and  since she was dx with PTSD  15 years ago she may have been a veteran herself.?

.....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

PTSD is an upgrade to what they used to call "shell shock", where troops exposed to excessive gunfire sometimes kept "going back" to the war in their head.   Since the VA thinks private physicians can not even diagnose PTSD (only VAMC docs), I think its a safe bet your doc is a Vet.  

Im gonna be in Dallas on about the weekend of March 5.  I would like to meet you, Buck.  Is that possible?  

• HadIt.com Elder

you bet broncovet  I'd like to meet you too, I'll give you my phone number, & if I don't have any Appointments on the 15th March? I don't see why not, I'll buy ya some lunch.

I don't get out of the house much so don't really know a good place to meet  but I can find some.

Are you possibly going to the VAMC here in Dallas?

You mention the VA don't   use  private Dr's to make a PTDS Diagnose...

but yet they let private Dr;s do C&P PTSD  Exams   now how crazy is that?

I think I would rather have a private Dr do the C&P .., BUT  I THINK IT MAYBE BACK FIRING ON THE VA to let the private Dr's do the C & P/s  I think they had in mind if they only let a VA Dr diagnose PTSD they would be less diagnoses.

jmo

...............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Question

That C&P doc read a letter my son sent with me but said she could not put it into my records and mention to me to take it to my VAMC ROI Dept ask them to record it into my medical records  or if I had my healthyvet to down load in into ebenefits...should I copy and past it and then download it into my ebenefits? and what part of benefits do I do this in? show as evidence to my claim? or should I just save this letter incase I need it for Appeal? as new and material evidence?

I don't think she wrote any of it down but she might  say she read the letter at my exam?

IDK?

..........Buck