VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Criteria the VA uses to assign a 50% rating to VA Sleep Apnea Claims has just changed

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

5 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I think a veteran should apply for a claim no matter what his/her rating is...get that claim SC  it may help out your family later on down the road.

jmo

.......................Buck

even at 0% something happen with SA your family

should be cover

• Founder
29 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Thats okay, Ive been pestering Chris Attic at Veterans Law Blog  for 2 days to cite where the exact changes he is discussing occur in the M21. So far I see a lot of conjecture and what if and a whole lot less of what it actually says, and I have chap 2 and 4 downloaded.. Its great for page count visits to his blog but he doesn't really say WHAT changed- just his interpretation of what he thinks it means, and even so does not show what it said vs. what it says now. 

Check this link

04/18/2016

Updated guidance on applying the rating schedule criteria in 39 CFR 4.97, diagnostic code 6847 pertaining to sleep apnea, specifically addition qualifying breathing assistance devices and guidance on when treatment is necessary

From the veterans law blog

VA Sleep Apnea Claim 50% Rating Change #1.
First, the Veteran now has to show that the prescription of a breathing assistive device (like a CPAP) is medically necessary.

VA Sleep Apnea Claim 50% Rating Change #2.
The second change to the 50% rating criteria is this: you can use a breathing assistive device other than a CPAP and still be eligible for the 5o% rating.

Thanks Tbird.  Hopefully a Vet will win a half million in retro soon and donate to you some serious buckage.  

It would be doubly nice if that person was me.  (I wont get a half million, but six figures is doable...3 years at 100% should be close.  )

I read that Part 1 portion already, but if that's all the change is, whats the big deal? The way VLBlog is spinning it its a huge doom and gloom factor about having to prove necessity. If someone never had to have a medical nexus for a CPAP and 50% rating before this change, thats just dumb. Anyone could just go buy one, then, and then try to claim a 50% rating. The part 2 portion is good, though, because other assistive therapies have been around for awhile. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks RUREADY...I hope I can get my SA at least 0%SC  However I don't really understand VA Theory of  0% SC Disability ?  if a veteran has a disability it should be rated at  the lest 10%  (jmo)

broncovet

I found this..it might help some, but what Dr will write a letter like the VA wants?...its necessary I use my VA Diagnosed C-PAP Machine, &I am not sure they  can cure S.A. without surgery ? But they ain't cutting on me

http://www.military.com/benefits/2013/06/20/va-reconsiders-disability-ratings-for-apnea.html

.......................Buck