VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

EODCMC

Question

Hi, I am a 30 year retired vet. I retired 13 years ago. I as recently diagnosed with "very severe" obstructive sleep apnea. The machine they gave me is preset on the highest output flow. My episode exceed 35 times an hour with some lasting more than 30 seconds. 

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a couple of years prior to retirement and the study and diagnosis is documented in my record. In fact, they wanted to operate on my uvula. There lies the rub. The operation could have ended my career so I didn't persue. Additionally, while on active duty I developed severe chronic sinusitis and allergic rhinitis and this also is documented in my service health record. I have been living with this and chalking it down to getting old.

Fast forward...I recently got a machine that they say I have to wear for the remainder of my life. I just learned that Tricare Prime does not pay for it all. So, I researched online and submitted a claim the E-benefits and it has been received and was under review until today when they changed this to "gathering of evidence" Development Letter Sent.

Does anyone know what this means? What do I have to look forward to concerning the process. I watch the news. It doesn't look good, right?

thanks in advance.

Gastone, you asked

"

Have you had an appointment with your VMC Sleep Dept, for a review of your current SA DX and to discuss your concerns regarding your Sleep P02 Sat levels? Seeing a VA Sleep Clinician would"

Honestly, I'm learning now that I was perhaps hasty when applying for compensation. I'm learning much from this site. Additionally, I'm constantly doing a self check to assure myself that I am worthy of compensation, that my case is righteous, and that I am not taking the attention from someone that needs it more. 

I have had no contact with the VA other than applying for compensation on E-benefits and they have not contacted me. I wouldn't know how to visit a VMC nor how to conduct myself. I guess I'm thinking that I should wait and see.

Even working through Tricare Prime, my PCM and the sleep study referral, I feel like I'm in some kind of process that I'm waiting to see how it plays out. I am on CPAP and I feel it's making a difference, but I've had no discussions with anyone about my concerns over the study and what it says to me on paper. 

Its disconcerting and I'm making an appointment with my PCM to ask some questions. I talked with a technician from the sleep study and she thought I should wait until they have gathered some data from the CPAP. 

As far as my claim, I am still in a gathering evidence phase with a caveat that says that they are waiting on evidence that is overdue. I called the VA Region and after some time they were able to tell me that I owed them no evidence but couldn't explain what was overdue. I've been wanting to ask for my "C" File, but what that accomplish if they haven't received all the information yet?

Totally agree with Gastone"s comment 100%. Also, PH is a direct link to cor pulmonale.

I'm dx with sever complex (mixture) SA mostly Central. My last AHI was 114 per hr.

I'm on 5 liters O2 at night, attached to my vpap line. I been dx with CHF and PM. Although these were dx by va I haven't claimed them as yet. I'm 62 yrs old and currently rated 70% TDIU due to a botch TKR (Total Knee Replacement) back in 08 at the Phoenix VAMC. Most people say I'm crazy for not claiming them right now, but to be honest with you I fought and fought for over 10 yrs to get where I'm at now with my rating and I guess I just want to take a break from all the BS I put up with and enjoy life while I still can. I don't want to go to my grave the day VA sends notice of approval 100% P&T. Lol..Know what I mean.

<Coot>

Edited by cooter

Cooter, why you Burning Daylight, not filing your SC Claims?

After you get to the 100% IU or Scheduler, the struggle continues. Think SMC's!

What's your DX Timeline?

Semper Fi