VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you still get 100% for PTSD if you are working?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

Bronc, don't use the "NoBalled," makes my Butt pucker.

With your 0% Hearing SC, did you get the 10% for Tinnitus?

Semper Fi  

Nope.  0 percent for hearing loss, after a trip to the BVA and a "win".  No tinnitus, either.  Worse, I filed a NOd, and the VA "interpreted" my Nod as an application for increase, and never ever processed the Nod filed in 2004.  Its one of many "glitches" that all seem to favor VA, which, by the way, resulted in me losing my home and becoming homeless for a period.  

At first the VA "could not find my NOD".  So, since I had gotten a copy of my cfile, I showed them a copy of  a "date stameped" NOD.  It was no matter.  In a Writ of mandamus, the VARO manager said she interepreted the document (which was stamped "appeals" BY THE RO) as a "claim for increase".  Lies, and more lies.  The writ did get denied, and, I did get my benefits..but at a bogus effective date, which is under appeal at the CAVC.  

Indeed, it was a "noball"..not a lowball.  Sorry about the puckered tushky.  

Edited by broncovet

10 hours ago, broncovet said:

Kent:

YOu COULD be rated higher than you expect, but then again, you could win all 50 state lotteries at the same time, too.  

I dont think you have a thing to worry about getting too high of rating.  I bet millions of Vets would like your problem..most of us have been low balled, or, "no" balled.  

For example, I fought Va through a denial for hearing loss.  I won at the BVA...a "complete grant of benefit sought".  VARO decided "complete" meant a zero percent rating.  Trust me, I had no trouble with the VA "rating me too high".  

I have been low balled, and I have been "no" balled, as I explained.  But the only "hiball" I have ever got, is when I went into a bar with an old miltiary buddy.  He bought me a highball.  

I've had two denials, filled out form 9 and have been waiting 5 years so far on another disability claim. Hopefully it will get to the BVA soon and be finished.

Edited by kent101

I know a VSO who has a 100 percent rating for PTSD and he's working. I'm 100 percent schedular for PTSD permanent and total and I'm using voc rehab to get a job so I can be a nurse at the VA. The thing is, they define what total occupational and social impairment means. If you fit that criteria and you somehow manage to find a job despite the conditions that define total occupational and social impairment, you should have nothing to worry about. Plus, you can always fight it if they reduce you or find other conditions that you have and get those bumped so that you'll have a 100 percent rating. Good luck dude

• HadIt.com Elder

Anthony I don't know what you are responding to, but you are posting against a 2016 question. That can get really confusing to folks real quick.