• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans on or waiting to get IU ( Trouble) maybe looming

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

check out ben kruse site

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2017/12/11/individual-unemployability-cuts-way-team-trump-quietly-rolls-obama-admin-initiated-cuts-severely-disabled-veterans-harmed/?inf_contact

For veterans receiving IU or awaiting on a claim.

Are we going to have to go through all this again?

:Source Disabled Veterans.org

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I wish they would just let it lie and stop worrying veterans with this crap.

Any IU Veteran that has won an award for TDIU he must be in pretty bad shape as for as being disabled  because a IU claim is one if not the hardest to prove his claim.

Buck52,  I think if the public were more aware of the problems we veterans face getting our disability claims approved, this nonsense would stop.  Many people I speak to, think all a vet has to do is gather their information/evidence submit it to the VA and in 30 day, PRESTO! , all the benefit we deserve.  They are "shocked" by the attitude of the VA, denying of claims, forcing vets to wait years to collect the disability that is due to us.  Also, they thought the monthly compensation was much higher.   I have had several call my senator (Arizona) to complain about this.  The attitude is much different now, then it was, when we were returning from Viet Nam.   The public will not tolerate the "crap" we all went thru years ago.  So I am trying to get the word out to my senators as well.  If we can expose the "dim-witted" politician that brings this up, hopefully he can be voted out of office, and do the job he is really qualified to do:  "selling earmuffs for oysters".  The public would be outraged if they know how many vets have had to go thru "crap" to get the awards. I  know.  It took me seven years to begin to get my disability and I am now on my 10th., year  getting the remainder  of disability that I am entitled to.  My cases are not difficult.  There is no excuse under the sun, why a vet has to go thru this, and wait so long.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Jimmer.

I agree that this issue will keep rearing its head. This administration does not care about Vets, they only want more military spending to keep the war machine fat. I have 90% but was awarded TDIU. If I lose it at 62 I will not survive as my S/S will be so meager, as many other Vets in the same position. I was not going to file any more claims as I will not get more $ anyway, but am now to try to get 100% in case the rug is pulled out. I am surprised there is not more discussion of this very real threat.