VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are all benefits for 100% included with this award even though it's 90% SC?

Rate this question

sovereign

Question

VA Benefit Information

Select All | None

Summary of benefit information
Include? Information Value
Include the information in this row You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 90%
Include the information in this row and the one below it
  • Your current monthly award amount is:
  • The effective date of the last change to your current award was:
  • $3139.67 
  • April 01, 2018
Include the information in this row You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row
  • You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:
  • The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:
  • Yes
  • December 21, 2017

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
10 hours ago, sovereign said:

Buck- Can my spouse use the educational benefits to get her Ph.D, even though she has a Masters Degree? Her field is Social Work.

My eligibility for Voc Rehab expired in 2004, but under "additional benefits" in ebenefits it says my dependents are eligible . I didn't know if it applied if she already has a degree?

sovereign,

if your 100% with P&T OR TDIU W P&T

yes she can she has a limit and a time limit to file  its  what they call  ''Educational Allowances''for spouse and dependent children.

just fill out the proper forms make passing grades and stay in class.

if you were Awarded the 100% P&T The educational forms should have came with your Award Packet?  if they didn't you need to contact your R.O. ASAP !!!they will send these forms to you.

I am not so sure how this would work if she takes online courses?  she needs to contact VA Education Resources.for benefits For that.  or she can contact them if she has any questions... &  make sure regulations has not been changed?

I got my Award packet with educational Allowance Back in 2002/My spouse was working at the time and could not afford to stop working to continue her education.....>.that was a big mistake..she wanted her Masters and now she had to stop working because of her multi disability's. (to bad she was not a Veteran other wise she to would be 100%P&T With SMC) 

2  OF THE SAME FAMILY on VA 100% with SSDI would be a fairly decent income.,  I ONLY KNOW OF ONE COUPLE THAT HAS THAT.

Anytime you younger Veterans get the 100%w  P&T, I highly recommend your spouse go back to school or continue her education.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have chapter 35 benefits then you have educational bennies and all other 100% P&T benefits.  The next thing is to work on "S".  If you have IU then you need an extra 60% for another disability to get "S".   So "S" needs to be above and beyond your IU rating.  Couple of more years and I won't worry about IU or any other benefits besides maybe Caregiver Benefits for my wife,  but I hope not.  I would like to get a higher level of A&A but I don't want to suffer the disability level to get there, but I am getting there slowly.