VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

22 minutes ago, USMCSSGT88 said:

The higher level Reviewer wrote and told me my buddy letters were clear and competent to establish continuation of service connectedinjury, incidents (events) or diseases that occurred in service after finding several duty to assist errors. After having all buddy letters add the certifying statement s to them as requested and sent in I awaited approval. Case is closed now. However, it closed Thursday, April 9th and mailed out April 10th. Today is Sunday, April 12th. 

I dont see any changes on ebenefits that reflect 100% rating. Does this mean VA lied and I was denied, after submitting the requested info for approval? I'm awaiting my letter now and watching my bank account for deposit since calling the 800-827-1000 reps say they cant open my letter to tell if an award was granted or rating change. They say nor is their system stating updates since case closed the same day I called on April 9th and case closed. Any answers?

SSGTUSMC88

You just have to wait on your decision letter.

13 hours ago, USMCSSGT88 said:

The higher level Reviewer wrote and told me my buddy letters were clear and competent to establish continuation of service connectedinjury, incidents (events) or diseases that occurred in service after finding several duty to assist errors. After having all buddy letters add the certifying statement s to them as requested and sent in I awaited approval. Case is closed now. However, it closed Thursday, April 9th and mailed out April 10th. Today is Sunday, April 12th. 

I dont see any changes on ebenefits that reflect 100% rating. Does this mean VA lied and I was denied, after submitting the requested info for approval? I'm awaiting my letter now and watching my bank account for deposit since calling the 800-827-1000 reps say they cant open my letter to tell if an award was granted or rating change. They say nor is their system stating updates since case closed the same day I called on April 9th and case closed. Any answers?

USMCSSGT88 

Being that it is a HLR and the reviewer stated he found several duty to assist errors, the case was probably closed temporarily and will reopen soon with it saying error in duty to assist. It is how the HLR works. I can say that is exactly how mine went.

Good Luck

Kuwaitin08

My claim has already been through that process. I'm awaiting a reward deposit or decision letter because I dont see any changes or updates to ratings on ebenefits.  The HLR specifically stated (buddy statements) "these statements will provide credible and competent evidence of continuity of symptoms and/or incidents in service...(claimed parts)" by supplying updated stated with the final certifying statement, signature, and date.

It just puzzles me that I have seen no ebenefits update and it closed on Thursday April 9th and mailed out Friday, April 10th. I'm praying that the HLR did not lie about all that he stated and requested which I sent in 8 Buddy letters. Some of my Buddies are still active as MSgts. This wait is nerve racking as I've been denied for years.

My claim just closed yesterday. Once the claim closes you will notice that the "Pending Claims" will disappear, and furthermore when you click on "Disabilities" in the Dashboard you will see you new percentage assuming there was an increase. This can be verified by going to Manage Documents and Letters in the Home screen. Print a Benefits Verification (AB8) Letter. This will show you current rating percentage, current monthly benefit, and effective date of rating,.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:55 PM, USMCSSGT88 said:

Kuwaitin08

My claim has already been through that process. I'm awaiting a reward deposit or decision letter because I dont see any changes or updates to ratings on ebenefits.  The HLR specifically stated (buddy statements) "these statements will provide credible and competent evidence of continuity of symptoms and/or incidents in service...(claimed parts)" by supplying updated stated with the final certifying statement, signature, and date.

It just puzzles me that I have seen no ebenefits update and it closed on Thursday April 9th and mailed out Friday, April 10th. I'm praying that the HLR did not lie about all that he stated and requested which I sent in 8 Buddy letters. Some of my Buddies are still active as MSgts. This wait is nerve racking as I've been denied for years.

I have never had any kind of feedback from my HLR prior to a letter so I cant speak with any certainty about what you are saying. If that information was told to you via your phone interview, I would not put any faith in what was said. Just my opinion.

Please keep us updated as to the results or changes.

Any update on the decision? Was it approved? I’m going through the same thing. My claim for increase was closed on April 17 and decision mailed out April 20. I called the 1800-827-1000 and they don’t see any update in my rating and only my old rating is listed on eBenefits.