VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

We have started to draw the monthly increase. From 80 to 90.  But no retro yet.  But they did  send a letter from stating we would get it in 15:days. That letter was sent out on the 28 th of sept.   Called Peggy today and she told us it went to dfas for audit.  I thought once you reached 50% there would not be any more audits. You get your retirement check and say we were getting the 80% from va.  And no more audits.  In fact the letter they sent had it already broke down for us on what we would receive.  So why did it go back for audit.  Is it just a stall game they play.

This what makes me upset.  We got the letter stating that we would receive the retro in 15 days.  We called again today and they say it went to dfas for audit.  I said why did they send out letter stating we would get.  They are putting the cart before the horse..   then we get our mail today and they are telling us they got the claim for iu on Sept the 12.  When we already had a letter saying they were working on it and wanted us to send them the address of last employer. Which I uploaded to them on Oct. 11,2018.  Two horses before the cart.  Lol

It's been 70 days since BVA granted 10 of my 12 issues, including TDIU and SMC (s), but hey, who's counting?  LOL  Two minor issues were remanded.  No sign of movement on eBennies.  I called Peggy a month ago, they wouldn't tell me who has my case now, VARO or AMC, just told me to wait.  I figured by now they'd implement the monthly increase, but that's what I get for figuring.  The retro will probably take awhile, it is 9+ years' worth.

I'm fortunate, I have a good disability retirement income and a long-time 70% rating, and I owe no one, so there's no need for anxiety.  Nevertheless, in this computer age, there's really no excuse for the constant foot-dragging of the VA.  But, having a daughter that works for Uncle Sam, I understand why everything takes so long.  It takes a minimum of 10 government employees to do the equivalent of the work of one civilian, and if all 10 choose to do nothing until 10 more employees are assigned to one menial task, that's okay too.  💩

I feel for those vets who are in need, and finally get a grant, only to have to wait forever for it to be promulgated.  There should at least be some option for them to draw an advance from the U.S. Treasury once a claim has been granted, but that makes too much sense.

Edited by acesup
misstatement

Still waiting for retro,  but started receiving increase in pay after the 120 period.  Had to call and quote the regulations on that.  And that is when I started receiving that...  but can not find out what is holding up the retro.   

Haven't seen any movement at all and Peggy refuses to give me a straight answer on anything. My rep keeps me posted of what's going on because he is waiting on payment also. BVA grant May 1st and a remand.